Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 Ultimate, create Drawing not working

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
JonSchaeffer
512 Views, 7 Replies

360 Ultimate, create Drawing not working

I'm using this new Ultimate and created a special project for work and the boss tells me he needs prints.

when I go to create a drawing the usual window that gives my my model to place and size it never happens.

I am stuck with no option to make prints.

Need fast help please...

-Jon

www.genesisprecisionaz.com
info@genesisprecisionaz.com
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

@JonSchaeffer Thanks for reaching out to let us know about this. When you select "New Drawing from Design", is Fusion 360 opening up the additional Drawings tab for you, is it crashing, or is the option to select "New Drawing from Design" greyed out? If you could send over a screenshot or add me to your project so I can take a look at what's going on that would be great.

Thanks,

Timera (timera.hart@autodesk.com)

Message 3 of 8

not crashing just I just get this little message.

That says Yellow Caution exclamation point    "Unknown command "B"

Message 4 of 8
cmiller66
in reply to: JonSchaeffer

Hi Jon,

Can you please invite me to your project?  Christopher dot miller at autodesk dot com.  I would like to take a look.

Is this a recent problem with the new update?  it looks like this is a brand new/unsaved drawing - when the new drawing started did you see a preview of the view moving with the cursor?  Did you start the new drawing from the File drop-down menu > New Drawing from Design or another access point like the Data Panel or Browser right-click menu?

Can you try this and see if it works:

1.  Close/drawing (don't save)

2.  Close design/Close Fusion

3.  Re-launch > Re-open design

4.  File > New Drawing from Design

Thanks,
Chris

Message 5 of 8
JonSchaeffer
in reply to: cmiller66

ok I invited you

Christopher

Message 6 of 8
JonSchaeffer
in reply to: cmiller66

Yes recent problem is after the update.

I got no preview of the part moving with the cursor.

And I tried both places to create a drawing . I also tried a full assembly drawing and just an isolated component or body drawing.

Every time I get that screen shot and that is it.

Message 7 of 8
cmiller66

Hi Jon,

If both view previews and drawing view creation were working before, it sounds like your update had an issue.  it might be easier to take the debugging of this offline, if you can email me at the same address, christopher dot miller at autodesk dot com we can dig into this a little more deeply and hopefully get you back up and running ASAP.

Thanks,

Chris

Message 8 of 8
JonSchaeffer

After a few times going in and following your steps for a clean uninstall then a re install I had problems.

But after rebooting at my work location things seem to be working great...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report