Message 1 of 11
lenny_1962
3924 Views, 10 Replies

Delcam for SolidWorks End-of-life announcement

just got an email today from Delcam

Delcam for SolidWorks
End-of-life announcement
Dear Delcam Customer,
A decision has been made to end-of-life Delcam for SolidWorks. We will issue the final enhancement release of Delcam for SolidWorks 2016 R3 on 16th May 2016, followed by service packs in June and July 2016.
If you have a Delcam for SolidWorks maintenance contract on 16th May 2016, we would like to upgrade and give you the equivalent FeatureCAM products on the same dongle. You will be entitled to download the latest updates of FeatureCAM and receive support for the duration of your maintenance contract.
Please expect your new license from your local Delcam Sales Partner during the week starting the 16th May 2016. You can continue to use your perpetual license of Delcam for SolidWorks.
If you wish to learn more about this decision please contact your local Delcam Sales Partner.
Yours faithfully,
Sanjay Thakore
Product Marketing Manager
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Rob.Lockwood
in reply to: lenny_1962

this isn't that surprising; never felt like that product got any love even before the buyout, seemed more like a 'see if it catches on' product that never really caught on. 

Rob Lockwood
Maker of all the things.
| Oculus | | Locked Tool | | Instagram |

Message 3 of 11
lenny_1962
in reply to: Rob.Lockwood

well we have been using it here for 4 years now and they donated 200 seats in October, now I am downloading FeatureCam and have to get my other machinist to learn it.

Message 4 of 11
Steinwerks

Lenny, how many types of CAM have you got there? Seems more like simplification is in order.
Neal Stein

New to Fusion 360 CAM? Click here for an introduction to 2D Milling, here for 2D Turning.

Find me on:
Instagram and YouTube
Message 5 of 11
lenny_1962
in reply to: Steinwerks

Surfcam, HSMWorks, DelCam for SW, SolidCam (installed but not currently in use), BobCam for SW (installed but not currently in use) and now going to have FeatureCam. oh yeah forgot Inventor HSM and (CON)-Fusion 360, sorry AD I'm a diehard SW guy Smiley Very Happy

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

I will never get rid of Surfcam need it when I cannot get HSMWorks to do what i want, like flow cutting and Lathe

Message 6 of 11
Steinwerks

Why bother replacing your third option with another option?
Neal Stein

New to Fusion 360 CAM? Click here for an introduction to 2D Milling, here for 2D Turning.

Find me on:
Instagram and YouTube
Message 7 of 11
lenny_1962

cause the other machinist doesn't like surfcam and ................................................ WHY NOT the only one that cost us anything is Surfcam all the other were donated. were education if a student wants to learn one more power to them
Message 8 of 11
fredsi

Len,

Other machinist shouldn't have any problem picking up Featurecam....Delcam for Solidworks was essentially Featurecam running inside SW. Only area he will complain about is the drawing tools - rather primative. Best resource I've seen for learning the ins and outs of the drawing side are some videos made by John Kanney at Tri-Mech Systems. They are quite dated but still apply. He also provides an excellent 'feel' for the work flow of the program in general.

Fred

Message 9 of 11
lenny_1962
in reply to: fredsi

just got it installed YUK!!!! mouse is totally bassackwards, UI terrible, hell surfcam 1990 UI is better. I think he'll jump on the HSMWorks bandwagon before he uses FeatureCam.
Message 10 of 11
Rob.Lockwood

@atomkinder67 wrote:
Lenny, how many types of CAM have you got there? Seems more like simplification is in order.

new_record.PNG

Simplifying is for sissies..

Rob Lockwood
Maker of all the things.
| Oculus | | Locked Tool | | Instagram |

Message 11 of 11
lenny_1962
in reply to: Rob.Lockwood

Rob True Dat

hereis my desktop..... with a pic of my dad 1945, Chicago, 23 yrs old, secound from left back row!

my desktop.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report