Community
Smoke Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Smoke Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Smoke topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XML Importing Isssue (FCP X to Smoke 2015)

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
672 Views, 5 Replies

XML Importing Isssue (FCP X to Smoke 2015)

Hi Friends,

I am trying to import fcpxml to Smoke 2015. When I am trying to import getting error as "Found 0 Source". Please help me to short out this issue.

Here I attached XML file, Please have  look at it....

Thanks,

Vik

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Grant.Kay
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Vik,

Looking into the XML, I noticed that your folder paths are doing something strange -- "Volumes/Data/August/18-Aug-2012%20Punjabi/4Z5A5527.MOV"

Can you try going back and simplifying the paths so that there are no spaces or illegal characters.    

Move the files, relink in FCPX and re-export the XML.

When you import into Smoke, perhaps it will read the correct paths.

The other alternative is to load the current XML into Smoke and go to the Conform area (TAB)...   Click the SET SEARCH LOCATION button in the UI and navigate the folder with your media and try search, match and link from there.

Regards

Grant

Grant Kay
Principal Learning Content Developer

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Official Autodesk Flame Learning Channel
http://www.youtube.com/flamehowtos

The Official Autodesk Smoke Learning Channel
http://www.youtube.com/smokehowtos

Also available as podcasts on iTunes

Follow me on twitter @discreetuk for the latest training updates.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Grant.Kay

Hello,

I am also having trouble importing my FCP X XML into Smoke 2015. All of the media loads. Even media not used by the sequence. However the generated sequence is empty. I looked at the FCP X XML file in Text Edit but not sure how to tell the problems with the file are. Any assistance appreciated. XML is attached. I'm using FCP 10.1.3, Mac 0S 10.9.4.

Thanks,

Suzie

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Update: There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the XML file as I was able to open my sequence in Davinci Resolve 11 Lite without any problems at all. 

Hope to find a solution for Smoke really soon . . .

Thanks,

Suzie

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

It may be that Smoke 2015 cannot read the version of fcpxml produced by FCPX 10.1.3. Does a fcpxml from version 10.1.1 or 10.1.2 work? I think with the recent update of Resolve to v11 it can read the 10.1.3 xml. I may be wrong about all this though.

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Thanks so much for your response. I was able to import into Resolve without any problems at all. I don't have the previous version of FCPX but will see if I can download it somewhere and try it out.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report