Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wishes for the Autodesk Discussion Forums

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
lure23
806 Views, 3 Replies

Wishes for the Autodesk Discussion Forums

As you are getting more international users, at some point it would be nice to get local date & time formats.

Like:

date format.png

Here in Finland that would be "11.4.2013 21:22"

Most discussion forums allow visitors to choose the way they see dates. It takes a bit of mind-twisting to swap the first numbers each time (I always check how current a message is so this is an essential thing, imho).

--

While we're there, some comparison with StackOverflow -based forums cannot be avoided. They are the "gold standard" of discussion forums to me, and many others. They have employed game mechanics (peer credit) in a wonderful way.

Some things they do right (and which I miss in Autodesk forums):

- limited up/down voting and clever rules for that (Autodesk forums seems to have unlimited +1 'kudos')

- short comments to individual answers (Autodesk forums always ties replies to the end of the thread, not allowing short one-line comments to a particular post)

- amazingly good tagging system

There are currently 105 different StackExchange sites with "12.3 million answers" in there. If you haven't heard of these before, check them out. There's something for everyone.

http://stackexchange.com

Asko Kauppi

IT guy into Cleantech.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Oceanconcepts
in reply to: lure23

A minor quibble with the way the forums work, on my Mac at least, with every browser I have tried (Safari, Chrome, Firefox I think), when entering a post the text doesn't wrap to fit the visible window, and it can't be resized enough to make all the text entry visible.

Ron

- Ron

Mostly Mac- currently M1 MacBook Pro

Message 3 of 4
lure23
in reply to: Oceanconcepts

Here's a screenshot on what Ron means. The horizontal scroll bar is likely not supposed to be there, at all. The width of the text edit area is fixed; the resize corner only allows vertical resize.

It's also likely a very easy fix.

screenshot.png

(Safari 6.0.5 on OS X 10.8.4)

Asko Kauppi

IT guy into Cleantech.
Message 4 of 4
kat.ingalls
in reply to: lure23

Hey Asko and Ron! Thanks for sharing your feedback with us, I'll make sure it gets heard by our platform team - you guys make some great points.

There's several changes coming to our forums soon, so stay tuned. Also, I'd recommend sharing feedback on the Discussion board format directly with that team here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Discussion-Groups/bd-p/3011

Thanks, as always, for taking the time to share your ideas and feedback with us. Truly appreciate the work you guys are doing to help make this experience the best in can be!

Kat

Fusion 360 Social & Community Manager
twitter: @adskFusion360
facebook: /fusion360

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report