Community
Mudbox Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Mudbox Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Mudbox topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why European Prices are that unfair?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
victorascencao
623 Views, 5 Replies

Why European Prices are that unfair?

Hello guys, Being a Modo, SolidWorks and Zbrush user, I decide to try Mudbox for testing it´s very nice painting features and sculpting also.  The fact is that I´m loving to work with mudbox, the layers system being so similar to Photoshop, Ptex, and very cool features.  

So I decided to check on the price because I might want buy the software.  I had the Suggested price from the US and is 795 USD and I was thinking about buying it.  Since I am in Portugan, when I clicked on "buy" the system re directioned me to the "european Site"  where the software costs 825 Euros.   The Euro to US rate is 1.356 Dollars per Euro, so the same program for us European users costs 1.118 US$ so ... I really can´t think on a good reason why we have to pay 323 USD morefor the same piece of software just because we live in Europe.

I really think that Autodesk should review this policy or please indicate me if I´m seeing this on a wrong way.

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Why nobody answers this question? is a very simple one. Nobody cares? There are no European users here?

Message 3 of 6

It's a common practice, sadly. Almost everything we buy here (I'm in the UK) from the USA ends up being the $ price in £ despite the exchange rate being $1 = £0.612 😞

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 4 of 6

Steve but is not the same to buy for instance a Computer that has to be shipped, pass customs, etc, than sell The same software and deliver it by download from the internet.  I really think that is a very unfair Policy, and that companies that do that, should change it for good.  (Adobe, Apple, etc.).

Message 5 of 6
dgorsman
in reply to: victorascencao

Different political regions will have different policies and taxes based on regional attitudes and the like.  For example, certain countries will maintain high taxes on software created elsewhere to stimulate or protect companies based in their own territories.  Much further discussion than that gets into very heated areas of political discourse, and not suitable for a technical forum.  For now, we just have to accept there are policies in place which we have no say over.  I'd recommend instead putting the brain sweat towards something more productive.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 6 of 6

Well I can tell the difference of prices in this case is not Taxes related, but it seems that the only option we have is to pay a lot more and stay quiet to avoid "heat" and avoid almost being called stupid.

I will shut up, but it doesen´t make it less unfair anyway and you know it.

Cheers

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report