Flame Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Flame Family (Flame, Flare, Flame Assist, Lustre) Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Flame topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VFX Shot Publish and 3rd Party apps workflow questions

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
424 Views, 3 Replies

VFX Shot Publish and 3rd Party apps workflow questions

I was watching at all the videos regarding the new publish workflow but I couldn't find anything about the integration with 3rd party apps and how to version up renders.

I'd like to know if there is  any way to upgrade the Flame timeline to the latest versions of comps done in Nuke in an automatic way like is described on the videos when working with other Flames or Flares.

For example the Nuke artist will be rendering to a path similar this.

/projects/PANAM_987202/sequence1/shot_090/comp/version1/shot_090.001.dpx

/projects/PANAM_987202/sequence1/shot_090/comp/version2/shot_090.001.dpx

I want to use the "Media-Source Versions-Select Latest Version" menu available under right click on the timeline to bring the latest render from Nuke.

What would be the right workflow to achieve this?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Take a look at this:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/flame-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/...

You should also look at the Shotgun Studio website.

John Montgomery wrote an open clip script for after effects as well - perhaps it is available from the facebook LOGIK group.

This way of working is great, once you hve dialled in your personal variables, and you will soon wonder how you did anything before.

Message 3 of 4
Grant.Kay
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Martin,

I mentioned in the videos that the Open Clips are XML based which makes them "human readable".

This is a positive point because you can create your own or edit an existing one to add your versioning coming from a 3rd party application.

I am looking to do a basic video on how to manually edit the Open Clip to create an updated version which appears in the master timeline.

However there are facilities that have automated the Open Clip XML updating by creating their own script using Python or something else.  This is their property so its up to them whether they want to release these scripts onto the open market.

I know that this does not give you the automation that you are after but hopefully it will give you an idea that it is possible but currently someone might need to custom write it for you to meet your facility demands.

Regards

Grant

Grant Kay
Principal Learning Content Developer

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Official Autodesk Flame Learning Channel
http://www.youtube.com/flamehowtos

The Official Autodesk Smoke Learning Channel
http://www.youtube.com/smokehowtos

Also available as podcasts on iTunes

Follow me on twitter @discreetuk for the latest training updates.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Grant.Kay

Thanks for the answers, I'll send them to the pipeline guys.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report