Community
Smoke Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Smoke Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Smoke topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Audio Limiter when exporting to quicktime - Smoke 2012

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
rahulpai
300 Views, 4 Replies

Using Audio Limiter when exporting to quicktime - Smoke 2012

Hi,

I am using Smoke 2012 on linux and have a question regarding audio limiters.

When i use the limiter function from the desk outputs i am able to limit the level of my audio to a desired level on the timeline. However, when i try to export the media the effect of the limiter function doesnt apply to the exported quicktime clip.

I have checked this by importing the clip i exported and the audio level is unchanged.

Can someone clarify how do i get the limiter to apply to any media i am exporting as quicktime.

Thanks,

Rahul.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
frenetj
in reply to: rahulpai

Make sure you select some kind of audio mixdown when you export your quicktime, otherwise the audio desk effects (such as the limiter) won't be applied.

Jasmin

Message 3 of 5
rahulpai
in reply to: frenetj

Hey,

Thanks for the reply. For some reason i assumed i will get an email when someone replies to my post since im registered and didnt check back till i got a reminder email checking if my query was solved. Sorry for the delay in getting back.

I work with stereo tracks and choose the mix down to stereo option when exporting to quicktime, since that is the desired format for my output. The effect of the limitter however, doesnt apply to the exported file.

Rahul.

Message 4 of 5
Steve_Curley
in reply to: rahulpai

Go to "My Settings" > Subscriptions and Notifications > Notification Settings. Change your settings there for auto-subscription to threads you participate in.
You can enable Subscription for an individual thread when you first create it (checkbox at the bottom of the page where you create the post) or subscribe/unsubscribe later by clicking Topic Options (at the top, by the big Reply button).

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 5 of 5
rahulpai
in reply to: Steve_Curley

Thanks for the tip. I will keep that in mind for the future.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report