Community
Smoke Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Smoke Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Smoke topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to reposition Text whilst in CFX

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
adamt
650 Views, 5 Replies

Unable to reposition Text whilst in CFX

probably me again, but i am having problems repositioning Text whilst in the CFX.

I have created a line of Text, which needs to be located visually.

So i set the final node of the comp to be Context 1, then in the Text editor i set the viewer to show Context 1.

The Text appears over the video but when i try to adjust its position, it just snaps back to the default location in the top left of the frame.

If i switch the view to Result (which is just showing black) then i can move the text anywhere i want...but i cannot use the underlying video as a guide.

What am i doing wrong?

adam

Flame 2020.3
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
BKM
Advisor
in reply to: adamt

I think it's a frame reference bug when dealing with context.

How are you overlaying the Text? Are you transforming within the TEXT Module?  You should be able to just pipe your background in and not use Contexts.

The other option would be to simply overlay the text downstream of the Text node and repo it with Action or 2D transform and a comp node. 

Screenshot of your schematic would help me see your workflow.

Flame/Smoke Editor
Check out the Premiumbeat Smoke Blog
http://www.premiumbeat.com/blog/category/smoke-2/
Message 3 of 6
adamt
in reply to: BKM

thanks Brian,

I had got around the problem in exactly the way you described - using a 2d Transform node after the Text node. 

Initially I was trying to do the transform within the Text node - it worked when Result was the viewing mode, but not when using Context.

When editing the Text node, i could only find 4 options for viewing (Context 1 & 2, Matte and Result)  -  i could not see a way to view any other backgrounds.

The screenshot is attached but with the 2d Transform in place. Originally it was exactly the same just without the 2d Transform!

adam

Flame 2020.3
Message 4 of 6
BKM
Advisor

Yep that works. 
the background view will come when you pipe an image into the green background input on the Text node. Your text will automatically overlay.  This woudl be used downstream of your comp near the end of the schematic for simple text placement.

But I normally do it like you pictured or via Action comp.

Flame/Smoke Editor
Message 5 of 6
adamt
in reply to: BKM

ahh - i understand now.  I will have to remember that green input !

Action  is going to have to wait - its difficult enough getting my head around these "simple" tasks at the moment.

I could really do with a separate beginners forum, as i have a constant barrage of questions that i dont want to flood this forum with!

Flame 2020.3
Message 6 of 6
BKM
Advisor

Flood away... that's why we are here.

Flame/Smoke Editor

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report