Community
Smoke Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Smoke Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Smoke topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trim/Slip keyboard short cuts

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
mark
335 Views, 2 Replies

Trim/Slip keyboard short cuts

Is there any way to assign the same key for both trim and slip?

In pre-2013, you could have the cursor be set for trim, and just hold "," and slip. Releaseing "," would put you back in trim view. Now I have to press "T" to trim, and then "," to slip, and then "T" again, etc. etc. etc.  I find this a huge headache, but, progress right? 

What would be better than what is now (but still not as good as what was) Is to hit "T" to trim, the hit "T" again to slip. Same key would rotate through edit options.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
fred.warren
in reply to: mark

The workflow you are describing should still work. You can be in Trim mode, hold down the Slip shortcut while you perform the slip operation and Trim will be selected back when you let go of the Slip shortcut. 

What we implemented in the 20th is an "hybrid" workflow where you can switch between the different modes using the shortcuts (you hit the T and , shortcuts and the mode changes), but you can also have the legacy workflow where the modes automatically switches when you hold down the key while you perform you operations. 

Are you seeing something different?

fred

Frédéric Warren
User Experience Designer
Message 3 of 3
mark
in reply to: fred.warren

If I am in trim mode, and hit "," for slip, it stays in slip mode. Then if I hit "T" to go back to trim mode, it will stay in trim mode.

Each mode is persistant.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report