Flame Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Flame Family (Flame, Flare, Flame Assist, Lustre) Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Flame topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is embarassing, but...

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
670 Views, 5 Replies

This is embarassing, but...

How do you create a box with a gradient in Action? Like you see in news all the time.

I've tried all kinds of things and it's just not something I'm ever asked to do. I'm just trying to play around.

But I've tried using Paint, but can't seem to get an alpha so I can use it with batch. And I can't seem to figure it out in Action.

I feel stupid, considering this is something that I'm sure others do on a daily basis.

So just a bar, solid on one side and gradually becoming transparent on the other.

Thanks

Paul

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Well, think I figured it out. I had to create a batch and then use the Gradient tool and action to get what I needed.

Seems convoluted, but I got it to work and it appears to have MUCH more capabilities than a regular text tool with "grapics" (like Composer) Smiley Surprised

Message 3 of 6
ManChicken

Flame is pretty weak for graphics creation of this type, IMHO.  There's no real easy/integrated way to draw shapes, rounded corner boxes, etc.  But a Gradient used with a mask made somewhere else (whether GMask, Paint, etc) is usually the way to start attacking it as you found.

Though nothing is worse than Media Composer 🙂

Bob Maple | idolum
Message 4 of 6
Beau_James
in reply to: ManChicken

Media 100 perhaps
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Beau_James

Bwahahahahahahahaha!!!

Nice Beau!!!

And thanks Bob. Makes me feel a bit more better.

Cheers!

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

I would have gmaskd a rectangle then used another one with colour set to 0 to subtract with a gradient/edge offset down to the base of the other one to create gradient. not sure of a better way! that would give you the matte for the box then use that with a coloured frame or whatever to create it

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report