Community
Smoke Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Smoke Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Smoke topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Deal Node

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
328 Views, 1 Reply

The Deal Node

When I use the Deal button on the Desktop it spits out the Dealt clips right there. But inside CFX it doesn't AMS the number of Node outputs doesn't seem to change.

What am I missing?

I'd also love to hear from those of you who've used Deal as a creative tool.

Thanks!
Sandeep.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
moreymichael
in reply to: Anonymous

On Flame and Smoke, I've used Deal to do quick "timewarps" on certain types of elements, like, for example: I have a smoke element that was shot at high speed. The clip is about 30 seconds long. I want it quite a bit faster, so I might try different "deals", like 5, where one of the resulting clips will play 5x faster. It's just a faster process than doing an actual timewarp. 

On another effect, I wanted a "stuttering" effect, where the clip ostensibly runs in real time, but the even numbered frames were duplicates of the preceeding odd numbered frames (in other words, like a freeze frame every two frames. There is a Sapphire spark that achieves this effect, and nowadays you can do it in CFX by using 2 timewarp nodes.

To be sure, it has limited usefulness, but when you can use it, it's quite fast to render.

Cheers, Mike

Late 2013 MacPro, 10.9.5, 2.7 GHz 12-Core, 64GB ram, AMD D700, 1TB SSD

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report