Community
Smoke Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Smoke Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Smoke topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text aliasing

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
ksirul
504 Views, 4 Replies

Text aliasing

I'm getting aliasing on diagonal lines of text built with Smoke 2015 text editor.  I've tried different filtering and samples but nothing seems to really work.  If I bring in Photoshop files, they look fine.  Is there anything else I can do so smooth my text edges?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mpixls
in reply to: ksirul

Use a frame of (for example 90%) white as a fill using the text created as a matte. Adjust your anti-aliasing as necessary in Action or CFX.

You'll get very clean text.

Mac Pro 2013
2.7 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon E5
Dual AMD FirePro D700
64 GB RAM
1 TB APPLE SSD
Promise Pegasus2 R4
Message 3 of 5
davidtindale
in reply to: mpixls

Another way to get nice text is to do it double size in CFX (just use Auto softness in Text), then Lanczos resize to required res. You can save the oversize text node & resize as a custom node.

Message 4 of 5
ksirul
in reply to: davidtindale

Good suggestions but I'm not sure why I can't get nice clean anti-aliased text straight out of the text editor.

Message 5 of 5
ManChicken
in reply to: ksirul

Everyone's antialiasing comes out a bit differently, and Photoshop has 4 different ways to rasterize type to boot so good luck matching it exactly anywhere else.

That said I've not found Smoke/Flame's text to be ugly on its own.  It's hard to say without seeing a examples of what you're getting versus what you want.

Bob Maple | idolum

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report