Community
Smoke Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Smoke Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Smoke topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student transitioning to freelancer

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
joshlake
461 Views, 3 Replies

Student transitioning to freelancer

I am starting to get job requests as a Smoke Artist after having taught myself on the Student version. My subscription upkeepp is certainly going to rely on client based income, so how would I work with my still active Student Licence and my Subscription? Ganted, I may be getting a new Mac Pro from my hourly job anyhow, but if not, I am limited to a single machine.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jessica.t
in reply to: joshlake

Hi @joshlake,

Free student licenses are for learning purposes only and cannot be used for profits. If you absolutely have to continue using the free version and you also want to purchase a commercial license be sure to install them on two different machines so you don't contaminate either work created from either license at the risk of violating the license agreement.

I hope that makes sense. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thank you,

Jessica Thrasher
Message 3 of 4
joshlake
in reply to: jessica.t

Thank you, that answers my question. And I know Student versions are for learning uses only. That's how I plan to use my Student License when I have no jobs to fund the subscrition, if that becomes an issue. I just want to stay in practice as much as possible. Hopefully I can get that Mac Pro next week and put my pofitable Smoke on that.

Message 4 of 4
jessica.t
in reply to: joshlake

Sounds great, just wanted to make sure to cover all of our bases Smiley Happy

Thanks!

Jessica Thrasher

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report