Community
Mudbox Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Mudbox Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Mudbox topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

strange mesh and brush stroke

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
JosefSL
581 Views, 5 Replies

strange mesh and brush stroke

Hello,

I´m using Mudbox for a project and I always getting strange brushstroke results when I´m getting down to detail level. They are not straight but blobby. And another strange thing happen when I look at the wire frame of my model, it looks strange not even,  this happen not on every model, but on this I´m working on.

Would be great if someone could help me!

Best Regards,

Josef

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
RobinBall6995
in reply to: JosefSL

I think the strange wireframe is because there's some triangles in the model. For some reason Mudbox doesn't display the wireframe overlay correctly on models with triangles in.

As for the lumpy strokes, try reducing the stamp spacing. Or turning it off.
Message 3 of 6
JosefSL
in reply to: RobinBall6995

Thank you Robin, so that would explain the meshdisplay. But about the strokes, the stamp spacing is turnt of, it´s just like that mudbox reacts to sensetiv on the pressur of the wacom pen.

Message 4 of 6
JosefSL

No I found out, taking the hook out off meshspacing make the things worse, but leaving it on and turning it to zero gives me better results, another thing is, if I do fast strokes the stroke gets much more even and less bumpy, if I do slow strokes they get more spaces in them.

Message 5 of 6
RobinBall6995

You can set whether a brush uses pressure to change size or strength. I usually set it to not really change the size much at all (min size 80%). I find that works better for me for most brushes (except something like freeze). You can change those settings under the Advanced Rollout for the brush.

Set min size to 100% and the pressure will only affect strength. Maybe that will work for you here.
Message 6 of 6
JosefSL
in reply to: RobinBall6995

Thank you Robin, that option is interesting and I played with it, but now I found someting out that I didn´t mind off, I have used to high settings for the brush strength in the default settings, so the result was to much pressur deependend, now I use the maximum value I really need and not higher and it works fine! But thank you for stopping by to help me!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report