Did you mean: 

Strange Aliasing on Export -- Help.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
366 Views, 2 Replies

Strange Aliasing on Export -- Help.

Here's the original image used: http://bit.ly/bBTMyx

And here's a screen grab from the exported mov file from stitcher unlimited: http://bit.ly/cInk0T
Notice the crazy aliasing lines on the roof and cables (or whatever it is)? What is this and, more importantly, how do I ensure that this doesn't happen when exporting from stitcher? My photos don't exhibit this so I'm not sure why the mov pano is showing it. Any ideas?

My workflow:

1) export photos to high-res jpgs from Aperture.

2) Open stitcher unlimited and drag-and-drop photos onto workspace.

3) Auto-stitch

4) Auto-align

5) Equalize

6) Click "render pano" -> choose file name and location -> for "type", choose "cylindrical QTVR" and best size ration (%)" should be about 25%. Set render area.

7) click Render.

Help.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Anyone?
Message 3 of 3
banasm
in reply to: Anonymous

Yep, looks like display aliasing, but also like oversharpening. So, 2 questions:

- Is that second screenshot from a Quicktime window of the finished pano? (Meaning you output directly to QT)

- Did you change the "Sharpening" settings in the "Rendering Options" tab of the Render window (should default to Normal)

And then, 2 suggestions:

- If it looks like that in QT player and you output directly to QT, go to "Render - QT Output Setup" and check that the "Static" is set to "High" and maybe set the "Motion" (which typically looks like that for smoother panning) to "High" as well.

- If the results always look the same, consider outputting a "Cylindrical Image" as a TIF instead, and then checking that it doesn't have the aliasing. After that, to get a cylindrical VR, try either a) loading that into Stitcher (I know, sounds backwards) and outputting at 100%, or b) use a Flash-based VR tool like Pano2VR (google it, it recognizes cylindrical panos as well as 360x180s)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report