Community
Smoke Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Smoke Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Smoke topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stereoscopic

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
CG004
362 Views, 2 Replies

Stereoscopic

Hi

I am running Flame 2012 and have an upcoming stereoscopic job. I have done a test with L & R footage (making it stereo) but when I try to export I get the following message:

This module does not support stereo clips.

Can anyone explain this?

Thanks

Charmaine

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Grant.Kay
in reply to: CG004

Hi,

This is correct because we don't support any stereoscopic format as an export. What are you trying to export as?

In any case, you need to break apart the stereoscopic timeline and export each "eye" separately.

Regards
Grant

Grant Kay
Principal Learning Content Developer

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Official Autodesk Flame Learning Channel
http://www.youtube.com/flamehowtos

The Official Autodesk Smoke Learning Channel
http://www.youtube.com/smokehowtos

Also available as podcasts on iTunes

Follow me on twitter @discreetuk for the latest training updates.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 3
mncrnich
in reply to: Grant.Kay

This is correct because we don't support any stereoscopic format as an export. What are you trying to export as?

In any case, you need to break apart the stereoscopic timeline and export each "eye" separately.

Grant,

Would love to see a future feature which allows directly exporting a stereo timeline which is then automatically split into left and right eyes with the appropriate eye appended to the file name along with separate left and right directories.  Rather than the individual exporting per eye and manually adding "left" or "right".  This would be a tremendous time saver.

Not to start a holy war, but I have already scripted all this functionality in Nuke via TCL & Python.  Making my pipeline more efficient and locking down variables with high potential for errors.

-Matt

/
SMac 2016
2 x 2.4 GHz 6-core Intel Xeon
96 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 RAM
K5000
AJA Kona 3G
ioFX 1.6 TB
Promise VTrak 72TB
Eizo ColorEdge CG276W (artist monitor)
Sony XBR 4K UHD Display (client monitor)
Tags (4)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report