Community
Smoke Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Smoke Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Smoke topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SP2 is out

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
helgetjelta
765 Views, 10 Replies

SP2 is out

Nice, FCPX fix. 🙂

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
arichards
in reply to: helgetjelta

Weird, I don't see it in my subscription! Would expect (and want!) an extension to be coming out around about this time with IBC on the horizon. In any event, perhaps the SP has not reached my subscription account yet...

Cheers

Tony

HP Z840, 80GB Ram, Quadro M6000x24GB
Message 3 of 11
davidblanc

Does it include Flame assist too?

David Blanc
Message 4 of 11
BKM
Advisor
in reply to: davidblanc

There is one for Flame Assist as well. 

I asked for clarification on this release as it specifically says "perpetual" Smoke 2015. No reply yet on if that means it's the same for desktop release. 

Flame/Smoke Editor
Check out the Premiumbeat Smoke Blog
http://www.premiumbeat.com/blog/category/smoke-2/
Message 5 of 11
arichards

I guess that's my way of finding out that I haven't been invited to join the new beta team for the next version of Smoke from taking part in the old one Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 11
ksirul

Is this a new 2015 Subscription version?

Message 7 of 11
dalyj

Just to clarify, Smoke 2015 SP2 (perpetual license) will not work with a Desktop Subscription release.  The latest service pack for 2015 Desktop Subscription is SP1.

Autodesk Smoke 2015 (perpetual license) for Mac OS X Service Pack 2

Autodesk Smoke 2015 Desktop Subscription Service Pack 1

Jason Daly
Manager, Designated Support
Message 8 of 11
BKM
Advisor
in reply to: dalyj

I definately find a lot wrong with no Desktop Release of SP2.  Maybe it will occur at IBC. 

And @arichards - There wasn't a Smoke beta for the public as far as I know. So don't feel bad, it isn't you. 🙂

Flame/Smoke Editor
Check out the Premiumbeat Smoke Blog
http://www.premiumbeat.com/blog/category/smoke-2/
Message 9 of 11
arichards
in reply to: BKM

Ha ha. I can stop smelling my armpits then? Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 11
chismoke

Good grief...

I've been around the product for a long time but in my humble opinion i'm not sure if AD could make it more confusing.

Perpetual Smoke, Desktop Smoke, Flame assist...all similar but yet not the same. You can do some things on each that you may not be able to do on the others?  Which plays nicely with which? Which is an island as it relates to the product line?...it shouldn't be that difficult. I can't imagine being new to the software and trying to figure it out.

And I used to think combustion, smoke, fire, flint, flame & inferno was a little over the top...

Message 11 of 11
ksirul
in reply to: chismoke

Avid did this as well and it certainly didn' t make anyone happy.  MC, Newscutter, Symphony, Xpress, Xpress DV, etc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report