Community
Smoke Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Smoke Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Smoke topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Source / Record Active window playback

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
186 Views, 2 Replies

Source / Record Active window playback

Hi,

I am using F6 & F7 keyboard short-cut to toggle between the source and record monitors when using the 2-up display (option+2) in the main editing workspace.

If you have your mouse over the source window and activate the window through either F6 or clicking you get the light grey outline to show that window is active.

Press the space bar.....and as you would expect the source monitor plays back...great!

But if you leave your mouse where it is and press F7 to activate the record monitor (record monitor gets the light grey outline to show it is active), pressing play (using space bar).....starts playback in the source monitor.

Is this the intended result?

The record monitor has focus, so I would expect that pressing the space bar short-cut to play would mean the record monitor receives that command.

It works the same in the opposite direction as well...mouse cursor over record monitor, activate source monitor with F6 - but hitting the space bar will playback the record monitor.

It seems each monitor receives focus by mouse-over rather than by mouse-click or keyboard activation....if that makes sense??

Also on the same subject as source / record activation - You can't toggle which is active while it is playing. You have to stop smoke playing and only then does the F6 / F7 src/rec activation toggle work.

Should it not just stop the current window playing automatically and toggle to the other monitor?

In the grand scheme of things these are just a couple of minor points - just a few things I came across that didn't work how my brain was expecting.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I think it is supposed to work that way, just using the mouse pointer to select source or record. This makes the f6 and f7 keys redundant.
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

But if you use the keyboard.... does it make the mouse redundant? 😉

What is strange is that the opposing monitor can be active (thin grey outline)...yet the keyboard shortcut activates the other window that the mouse is over....without clicking it.

cheers,

bg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report