Community
Smoke Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Smoke Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Smoke topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound in ConnectFX

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
hfglover
480 Views, 5 Replies

Sound in ConnectFX

Hi All, Im new to Smoke. Just wanted to know if there was a way to hear sound while editing in ConnectFX. Im working on a music video and wanted to have a lights flicker to the beat of music but I cant hear the music in ConnectFX.  Please help

Howard Glover
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
arichards
in reply to: hfglover

It's buried away but if you go to the animation tab and then the sub sound tab (I don't have it in front o me) you can play vack sound and frame skip to achieve 'natural time' platback. It's basically the same as pressing play in the timeline except here it's badly buried away.

Cheers
Tony
HP Z840, 80GB Ram, Quadro M6000x24GB
Message 3 of 6
arichards

Btw the text above is peepoor as an sat on a non-moving/delayed train with on my iphone and I ain't no surgeon-handed person. English transport ain't the world's best
HP Z840, 80GB Ram, Quadro M6000x24GB
Message 4 of 6
Grant.Kay
in reply to: arichards

Hi,

What Tony has described is one way to hear audio in CFX but it is not the only way.

All you need to do is check the CFX preferences menu and you will see an option called AUDIO MONITORING.  By default it should be set to MAIN LEVEL.   This points back to the audio in your sequence.

You could switch it monitor the audio clips when you select them in CFX but that is your choice.

Just hold the OPTION key and scrub the time-bar, you should hear the audio scrub as you advance between frames.

The only other advice I can give you is that if you have a very heavy comp and you are looking at the result view (F4), as you scrub the time-bar, Smoke will attempt to preview the frames as you scrub which might slow interactivity.   So as a suggestion, select the clip you are working with and switch to the FRONT view (F1) and than hold OPTION and drag the time-bar.

Hope this helps!

Regards

Grant

Grant Kay
Principal Learning Content Developer

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Official Autodesk Flame Learning Channel
http://www.youtube.com/flamehowtos

The Official Autodesk Smoke Learning Channel
http://www.youtube.com/smokehowtos

Also available as podcasts on iTunes

Follow me on twitter @discreetuk for the latest training updates.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 5 of 6
hfglover

Thank you for the help and suggestions, I will give it a roll this weekend Thanks again

Howard Glover
Message 6 of 6
svenbox2

I've found that it takes the timing of the audio from the beginning of the sequence which is fine if you are only working on a single clip sequence but doesn't help if your cfx clip starts somewhere else. I haven't found the setting to fix this but maybe it's hidden somewhere?

Sven

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report