Community
Mudbox Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Mudbox Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Mudbox topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(SOLVED!) Mudbox 2015 Service Pack 1 - Errors + crashing on Yosemite

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
4246 Views, 1 Reply

(SOLVED!) Mudbox 2015 Service Pack 1 - Errors + crashing on Yosemite

I am using the official App Store Yosemite with the official Quadro Nvidia Webdriver and the latest CUDA driver.

INSTALLING Mudbox 2015 SP1 on an UPGRADED to Yosemite Mac will show errors:

Register Pkg Error

An unexpected error has occurred during execution of the main script ZipImportError: can't find module 'uninstallerSQLDB'

AND after thtat it somhow "installs" BUT Mudbox will not start but crash at every startup.

I can only shortly see the Window then it crashes.

SOLUTION from last post on http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/general-discussion/manually-uninstall-mudbox-on-mac/td-p/5190899

DO THIS:

1. Delete the main Application [Drag the folder into the trash!]. Maya includes Matchmover and Composite. These applications are in:
/Applications/Autodesk

2. Delete Network Licensing Manager [NLM]. This step may be optional and only applies if you have setup a license server on the mac.
/usr/local/flexnetserver
/Library/StartupItems/adsknlm
3. Delete & Backup licensing files/folders. You need to either only one of the steps below depending on your type of install. NOTE: If you only need to find & delete files in one of the following locations depending on your type of install.
Network
/var/flexlm/maya.lic or adsk_server.lic
Standalone
/Library/Application Support/Autodesk/Adlm
/Library/Preferences/FLEXnet Publisher/FLEXnet/adskflex_00691b00_tsf.data
/Library/Preferences/FLEXnet Publisher/FLEXnet/adskflex_00691b00_tsf.data_backup.001
The Library folders in Mac OS 10.7 and higher is completely hidden so you can use the Go > Go to folder to access it. You can also check out the videos in steps 2 and 3 for further instructions.
NOTE: If you delete the standalone licensing files, it can affect AutoCAD and Smoke installation. If you delete these files, you will need to uninstall and reinstall AutoCAD & Smoke as well.

If you have other Autodesk software on your mac, could you check if adlmreg in this folder - /usr/bin/?

AFTER THAT:

You will have to import all your stencils/brushes or get them from the Mudbox Community Tab again. But it works again like a charm.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

After following all of these directions I was still seeing the register pkg error, but instead of choosing terminate I opened the console and simply quit and mudbox proceeded to load and worked! Not sure if this was the cause or if it was just because I had followed previous directions but it worked for me!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report