Flame Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Flame Family (Flame, Flare, Flame Assist, Lustre) Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Flame topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smoke on the new Macpro

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
majush
566 Views, 3 Replies

Smoke on the new Macpro

I am quite new to Mac's and currently we have an year old Mac Pro's running quadro 4800 for Smoke. Since the new Macpro's with 12core are out, my company has been thinking about upgrading the machines but someone mentioned that it cannot support nvidia cards and only ATI, hence we cannot use it for Smoke on Mac. I called up Apple and they seems to be blurred about it and said only ATI support. I think it should be supporting nvidia cards since its intel processors and intel based motherboards and PCI Express slots and the drivers are based on the OS. But I need some expert opinion on this. I am about to call nvidia and would post if i find the answer.

Any help is highly appreciated.

thanks
On Smoke 2016
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
BKM
Advisor
in reply to: majush

I am going to have confidence in the fact that Autodesk as talked to Apple. Either Autodesk will make some custom adjustments or Mac's can use Nvidia.

Surely a major release like Smoke on Mac can't be derailed by Apple's fight with Nvidia/Adobe.

But that's just my guesses.

Flame/Smoke Editor
Check out the Premiumbeat Smoke Blog
http://www.premiumbeat.com/blog/category/smoke-2/
Message 3 of 4
jbbarnette427
in reply to: majush

apple.com sells the quadro 4800 wich you can buy and put in the new mac or you can just swap the cards and put the 4800 in the new mac
Message 4 of 4
chatra3
in reply to: jbbarnette427

What about the new macpro coming out later this year - 2013. Your only option new is ATI, but no nvidia. There is also no way to add an Nvidia card to the new macpro. Would love to know this.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report