Community
Smoke Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Smoke Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Smoke topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smoke is not starting after Mac OS force quit

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
khalil.abusharekh
697 Views, 7 Replies

Smoke is not starting after Mac OS force quit

I have Smoke 2013 Ext 1 installed on OSX 10.9

I forced quit Smoke from OSX and not by Service Monitor tool. Now Smoke is not starting at all.

What caused this problem and how can I get it fixed please?

Thank you!

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

I tried this command /usr/local/flexnetserver/lmutil lmstat -a -c adsk_server.lic

/usr/local/flexnetserver/lmutil lmstat -a -c adsk_server.lic

lmutil - Copyright (c) 1989-2013 Flexera Software LLC. All Rights Reserved.

Flexible License Manager status on Sat 11/2/2013 12:42

Error getting status: Cannot find license file. (-1,359:2 "No such file or directory")

Message 3 of 8

Khalil,

This might be because you are connected to your network via ethernet.

A known bug in OS 10.x that randomly switches the ethernet port numbers on every hard restart.

This confuses Smoke which always likes to have the same machine name and ethernet port (0 or 1).

The only remedy I found up to now is restarting the machine until the port defaults to the one that was before.

I hope someone will have a more civilized way. 😉

HTH,

K.

Message 4 of 8

Karnicki,

I tried that several times as well as many other workarounds and it didn't work. Unistalled Smoke and all of it's files, but when I installed Smoke on my OS X 10.9 Smoke couldn't acquire Autodesk server to activate the software 😞 

I finally restored my machine to OS X 10.8.5 version, unistalled Smoke then installed it back again and now it's working 😕 

Hope things will get better!!

Thank you for your input.

Message 5 of 8
BKM
Advisor
in reply to: khalil.abusharekh

OSX 10.9 breask the FlexLM  Licensing... so that might have been the issue.

Flame/Smoke Editor
Check out the Premiumbeat Smoke Blog
http://www.premiumbeat.com/blog/category/smoke-2/
Message 6 of 8
khalil.abusharekh
in reply to: BKM

I agree Brian.

I found that FlexLM  Licensing files were blank and if I knew how to restore or fix them I would've saved myself a lot of time. However I learned a lot about Terminal and Smoke 🙂 I think next time I will come up with less dramatic solutions 🙂 

Message 7 of 8
snpx
in reply to: karnicki

karnicki schrieb:

Khalil,

This might be because you are connected to your network via ethernet.

A known bug in OS 10.x that randomly switches the ethernet port numbers on every hard restart.

This confuses Smoke which always likes to have the same machine name and ethernet port (0 or 1).

The only remedy I found up to now is restarting the machine until the port defaults to the one that was before.

I hope someone will have a more civilized way. 😉

HTH,

K.

yes please, autodesk fix this! there were situation, where rebooting several times break my raid5.

i cannot understand, that autodesk find no solution for this.

waiting for apple is no solution, autodesk. yes i'am angry about this issue.

MacPro 2010 5,1, 48 GB RAM, 12 Core 2,66, ATTO ExpressSAS R680 8x4TB, Quadro k5000, Decklink 4k Extreme, Smoke 2015sp3, OSX 10.9.5
sorry for my poor english
Message 8 of 8
Robert.Adam
in reply to: snpx

Hi Thomas.

I'm adding your name to the bug about the license server.

Rest assured that we are still working on fixing this.

Regarding Khalil's original issue: Please note that we strongly recommend against using Smoke with Mac OS 10.9 "Mavericks" at this point, as we have found some serious performance and stability issues. We're still working with Apple on addressing that.

Regards,

Robert.

Robert Adam
Program Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report