Community
Smoke Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Smoke Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Smoke topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smoke Experience Tutorial file trouble

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jjl3j
331 Views, 4 Replies

Smoke Experience Tutorial file trouble

I'm new to Smoke and I'm using the Smoke Experience tutorial videos to help me learn about Smoke. I am currently on Lesson 1: Conforming XML and Basic Editing. I am at the part where I am conforming the provided FCP 10 file into Smoke. For whatever reason every time I attempt to import the files, I get an Unliked Media message and all the videos have a red triangle with an X in the status location. I do not have FCP 10 on my computer, so I do no know if that has something to do with it. What is the issue? 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
BKM
Advisor
in reply to: jjl3j

What page/chapter of the book are you on?  I was the tech editor and everything should be fine. You don;t need to have FCP installed at all.

Flame/Smoke Editor
Check out the Premiumbeat Smoke Blog
http://www.premiumbeat.com/blog/category/smoke-2/
Message 3 of 5
jjl3j

I am not using the book. I am using the online videos. I downloaded the required toolkit that had all the video files. I have been following the tutorial videos step for step.
Message 4 of 5
BKM
Advisor

When you import an XML it doesn't automatically become linked... there is an option to search fo rmeadi and link when you import, but it's a button you have to select. 

You can simply go through the conform operations and link your video after import. 

Flame/Smoke Editor
Check out the Premiumbeat Smoke Blog
http://www.premiumbeat.com/blog/category/smoke-2/
Message 5 of 5
jjl3j
in reply to: BKM

I solved the problem. I had the search for files option on, but it still was not locating the files in the other folders. I had to move the XML file itself to the folder that contained all the footage. Once the XML file was located with the rest of the footage it was able to find it. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report