Community
Smoke Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Smoke Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Smoke topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smoke drops frames in sequence but not from source

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
pjkw
338 Views, 2 Replies

Smoke drops frames in sequence but not from source

Im having problems with framedrops, which I can't really understand why Im getting.

According to the debug its a GFX drop not a disk drop.

I just started testing smoke on a relatively new cylinder mac pro with 6 cores. When Im playing the footage in the left viewer - the source viewer it plays fine but if I put it in a sequence it starts dropping frames, this is without any effects whatsoever. I tried this with a PNG sequence and a prores 4444, both are full HD.

Im currently running smoke 2015 (Im gonna try SP1 aswell in a bit..)

And its on a new 6 core mac pro with 32gb ram and firepro d500. 

What am I missing?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mpixls
in reply to: pjkw

There have been users here that have reported similar experiences.  This happens to me as well.  Supposedly real-time output can be seen from the HDMI port.  I currently only have a cinema display attached to my system, so consistent real-time playback isn't working.

As you can see in my sig, I have a fully-loaded Mac Pro "cylinder."

Mac Pro 2013
2.7 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon E5
Dual AMD FirePro D700
64 GB RAM
1 TB APPLE SSD
Promise Pegasus2 R4
Message 3 of 3
ksirul
in reply to: pjkw

I can assure you that Smoke 2015 does not work properly on a new Mac Pro with Mavericks.  I haven't upgraded to Yosemite yet but the newMac Pro/Mavericks combo is not good with Smoke.  All kinds of weird behaviour that can't always be recreated by folks on 10.8.

KEN

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report