Community
Smoke Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Smoke Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Smoke topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smoke Crash on startup

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Ant_Brownmoore
838 Views, 4 Replies

Smoke Crash on startup

Hey guys,

So All versions of 2013 have run quite happily on my macbook so far...until today.

I re-formatted the machine becasue of some issues I've been having- I re-installed Smoke and now as soon as I start the application, it goes to the splash screen and cashes. It doesnt even load up the project selection or show any messages on the splash screen- just the smoke 2013 logo and then the autodesk crash box. Anyone any idea why this is suddenly happening when it worked fine before?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Well I've gone and fixed it myself after a bit- turns out that it was having a melt down becasue of my machine name!

Message 3 of 5

Hi Ant.

do you know what exactly in your Mac's name was the problem? 

Regards,

robert.

Robert Adam
Program Manager

Message 4 of 5

Hi Robert,

The name had an apostrophe in it - as in "Ant's MacBook Pro" but the local name was "Ants-MacBook-pro" so I didn't think it would kick up a fuss- but when I looked at the logs it was complaining about the computer name. So I changed it to Ant Laptop and re-installed and that did the trick.
Message 5 of 5

Ha! The apostrophe strikes again!

Was this Smoke 2013 or ext1?

Does the name in the terminal now match Ant Laptop, or did it stay with the old name (I'm trying to figure out if it was the name difference between UI and Terminal that broke Smoke or the actual apostrophe itself)

Regards,

Robert.

Robert Adam
Program Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report