Community
Smoke Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Smoke Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Smoke topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smoke 2015 - How to import music from iTunes?

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
somethingn3wproductions
2559 Views, 12 Replies

Smoke 2015 - How to import music from iTunes?

Hey guys. 

I'm working on a decently simple video, and I have come across a seemily simple problem that is making me feel stupid. 

I can't figure out how to import songs from iTunes.

I've used many other editors, but am a bit of a newbie to Smoke. Help would be much appreciated. 

Thanks in advance! Smiley Happy

/SnP 

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

I'd probably do something like:

Check my itunes import settings are set to AIFF 48kHz

Right click on track and convert to aiff

Then right click on the newly created track and 'show in finder'

Drag into smoke.

But there are probably other ways

Message 3 of 13

I couldn't find any import settings as you listed, neither could I find any "convert to AIFF" when right-clicking on a track. I did, however, reveal it in finder and follow that path in smoke. But the .m4a file wouldn't show. Any other suggestions?
Message 4 of 13

You can no longer convert your track into anything useful using quicktime, Apple have removed that feature from itunes. Now you have to change the way iTunes works. Set you convert preferances then re import the file.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1550

MacBook Pro Retina, 2.7GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB RAM, Thunderbolt 2 R6
Message 5 of 13

'import settings' can be found by looking under 'itunes preferences' - general tab. It's at the bottom next to 'when a cd is inserted'

Yes it doesn't say 'convert' - it's 'create'. The right click menu should say 'Create AIFF Version'. If you had set the import settings to wav then it would say 'Create WAV version'.

I think there are automator scripts/services to do things like export to certain folders in specific formats but I've not used them.

Message 6 of 13
grant.kay
in reply to: svenbox2

Hi,

Smoke can import an MP3, AIFF or WAV file.

You can find the tune you want in iTunes, right-click and reveal in finder. You can copy the file to a user-friendly location and import or just drag it into the media panel in Smoke from the original location.

Just remember that if it is another format such a m4a or something else, it will need to be converted etc.

Hope this helps.

Regards
Grant
Message 7 of 13

Okay thanks guys! All of your comments were helpful. The music I had was an .m4a, so once I changed the import settings to .aif, I right clicked, converted, took that track, found it in finder, and then found that in smoke.

Another noob question though - When you're deep in finder (say, when you click reveal in finder) and you're not sure of the file path, how do you find it?
Message 8 of 13

To find the complete path, you can Alt-click on the folder name that is displayed in the middle of the Finder's dialog window title bar.

That being said, you don't have to find the path.  You can simply drag and drop the file from the Finder directly to Smoke's Media Panel.

Cheers,

Jasmin

Message 9 of 13

Okay, thanks guys! 

Message 10 of 13

To import music from iTunes to Smoke or other video editor, you need to convert the music files to plain audios first as iTunes music are in special format which can't be directly used. So, to do that, you can use the tool like iTunes Music Converter, etc. to convert iTunes music to common files and then you can put iTunes music on other platforms with ease.

Message 11 of 13

You can no longer convert your track into anything useful using quicktime, Apple have removed that feature from itunes. Now you have to change the way iTunes works. Set you convert preferances then re import the file.

CHECK THIS. 

Message 12 of 13

Hi,

I think this is the best and easy way:

In the Music app on your Mac, choose File > Add To Library or File > Import. If you selected “Copy files to Music Media folder when adding to library” in Files preferences, you see File > Import. Locate a file or folder, then click Open.
Read more at: MOZUSA.COM
Message 13 of 13

If you want to import iTunes Music to Smoke, you need to convert the downloaded iTunes M4P Music to MP3 format. Have you tried the AMusicSoft Apple Music Converter? Now I am using it with its free trial. With AMusicSoft Apple Music Converter, you can convert songs without loss of quality in minutes.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report