Community
Smoke Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Smoke Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Smoke topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing Work Through Shared Library on 2015 sp2

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
cbrownAMS
479 Views, 2 Replies

Sharing Work Through Shared Library on 2015 sp2

We have this working well but I have a question regarding best practices.

Firstly, somewhat unrelated, where is the setting to add a suffex number when copying a clip? (copy of "Render" is named "Render_1" and so on). 

Now for the sharing. I have  sequence that I'm sending to the other Smoke for grading. When it comes back, can my original sequence I sent be updated or do I simply drag to my library the new graded version and delete the old? I guess I'm looking for a refresh button of some kind.

On a side note, we have our Smokes sharing the same media of this project directly and not using Wire or the network to communicate with the footage. It is working so well I can't even tell you how pleased I am. This workspace invironment is a great step forward. We'll see how the archive process goes, but for us working on a series show with meny shared elements, I'd like to say home run for the Autodesk folks.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Grant.Kay
in reply to: cbrownAMS

Hi,

As far as I was aware, there is no option to increment copies of clips.

With regards to the workspace and shared libraries, the other Smoke only has access to the shared library of the workspace. So all the work in the current libraries will not be affected.

When a new graded version does come back through the shared library, you drag it back into your currently library. It's up to you whether you want to keep the ungraded version as a back up or not.

Glad it hear its working for you.

Regards
Grant

Grant Kay
Principal Learning Content Developer

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Official Autodesk Flame Learning Channel
http://www.youtube.com/flamehowtos

The Official Autodesk Smoke Learning Channel
http://www.youtube.com/smokehowtos

Also available as podcasts on iTunes

Follow me on twitter @discreetuk for the latest training updates.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 3
cbrownAMS
in reply to: Grant.Kay

As always, thanks for the info.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report