Community
Smoke Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Smoke Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Smoke topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sequence track patching

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
ksirul
457 Views, 4 Replies

Sequence track patching

I'm trying to edit 1 sequence (partial tracks) into another.  I have my main seqeunce loaded up and my other sequence in the source (left side) in timeline view.  I patch video track 2 of the source to video track 3 of my record sequence.  Fine so far.  Then I patch track 5 of the source sequence to track 4 of the record sequence.  Track 4 is patched but source track 2 has now changed to source track 3 (still routed to track 3 on the record side).  No matter what I patch, the first one sticks and then changes when I patch a second.  Am I missing something?  This seems pretty basic.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Beau_James
in reply to: ksirul

Greetings Ken,

This should assist in your quandary:

Timeline Editing: Track Patching

Sequence Patching - Audio Tracks

Sequence Patching - Video Tracks

This and many more tutorials are available on the Smoke Learning Channel to help with your questions.

Also keep note of where your playhead and primary indicator are.  Also make sure no tracks are locked.

Message 3 of 5
ksirul
in reply to: Beau_James

Thanks.  I got single track patching.  The issue I was having was if I had a sequence loaded on the source side with 4 video tracks and a record sequence with, lets say 6 video tracks.  I want to patch Source V1 to Rec V3.  I also want to patch source V2 to Rec V4, Source V3 to Record V1 and Source V4 to Rec V5.  Whenever I patched the first track it was fine.  As soon as I assigned a second track patch, the first one would change.

Message 4 of 5
vkshah
in reply to: ksirul

I just tried to do sequence patching and I found a similar issue. I've never needed to reassign video tracks when doing sequence to sequence editing but I did find a workaround. Insert your source side sequence to the record side sequence in the current video order but on higher tracks in the record side timeline. To do this, make sure all of your tracks are selected and that the P is selected on the top track of your record side timeline. Then, you can manually cut and paste the tracks where you want them to go.
VK
Online Editor & Colorist
Flame Assist on Mac 2017
Message 5 of 5
ksirul
in reply to: vkshah

Yes, I was doing that but certainly not effictient, especially if you have 10 or 12 video tracks in your sequence.  Not enough track real estate.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report