Community
Smoke Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Smoke Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Smoke topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sequence EDL Publish - ProRes QT naming tokens for unique filenames?

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
olofz
365 Views, 0 Replies

Sequence EDL Publish - ProRes QT naming tokens for unique filenames?

Our facility has just moved to Smoke and I'm trying to get some basic Resolve roundtrip action happening in a similar way to our previous FCP/Premiere workflow.

Apologies in advance if I am just missing something here...

I'm trying to publish and commit all fx in sequence and generate ProRes 4444 media with cuts (discreet clips rather than a flattened single clip) and an an edl to bring into Resolve.

In FCP we would've "commited" all fx in the sequence by exporting effected clips as QTs and importing them back in. Effects were 'baked in' at this point. We would then export a media-connected XML to pull that into Resolve.

The sequence publish in Smoke should eliminate the need for that manual work and will allow us to save a lot of time getting complex sequences into Resolve.

If I set up my sequence publish to create individual ProRes clips and an edl, segments with the same < shot > name or < reel > name overwrite each other as they are written in the finder.

In a DPX publish with the same settings, there is a <frame> token which can be applied to ensure each file is written with a unique name and nothing is overwritten.

The only way I could get this to work is to use a < time > token with no other tokens in the pattern. This way, each ProRes file is written as '113h50, 213h50, 313h50 etc...' This is my current workaround but I can't preserve the shot name (Alexa filenames), which would be useful...

Can someone help out a infant smoker here? Any input would be appreciated. I may going about this all wrong.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report