Flame Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Flame Family (Flame, Flare, Flame Assist, Lustre) Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Flame topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen replacement smoothing tips

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
vkshah
592 Views, 2 Replies

Screen replacement smoothing tips

I doing some screen replacements on computer monitors. The replacements are still images and the image fits and tracks fine. My only issue is that the edges seem steppy and not smooth. Is there a way to soften or add a slight border to an edge. The tracking was done in Action, the video is 1080p and the image is 4k. I imported the image via MediaHub to make is 1080p. I'm using Flame Assist 2015
VK
Online Editor & Colorist
Flame Assist on Mac 2017
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ManChicken
in reply to: vkshah

Couple things come to mind;  Besides possibly wanting to crop the edges of the screen's matte by a couple pixels and actually blur the edge to work it into the composite (depending on the sharpness of the footage):

. In the Output tab of Action, make sure Anti-Aliasing is turned on

. You might turn up the software AA to a few more samples in the Node Prefs menu of Action

. Keep in mind while you're in Action things might look a little crunchy regardless of what you do, until you render (or hit the Preview button to see what a frame really looks like)

Bob Maple | idolum
Message 3 of 3
vkshah
in reply to: ManChicken

None of the suggestions worked, but we did find a way. I imported the image and then scaled it down to obtain a black border around it. Then I used that resized image in the screen replacement and softened the edges to achieve the desired result.
VK
Online Editor & Colorist
Flame Assist on Mac 2017

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report