Community
Mudbox Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Mudbox Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Mudbox topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running autodesk mudbox 2013 on intel HD graphics 3000

30 REPLIES 30
Message 1 of 31
jgalvezpa_1
7232 Views, 30 Replies

Running autodesk mudbox 2013 on intel HD graphics 3000

hello when i open my mudbox 2013 i got error that only runs on ati or nvidia cards?
there is a way to run it on intel hd graphics 3000?
30 REPLIES 30
Message 2 of 31
FalconCrest
in reply to: jgalvezpa_1

hello when i open my mudbox 2013 i got error that only runs on ati or nvidia cards?
there is a way to run it on intel hd graphics 3000?

There is no way around it. You need a better graphics card.
Message 3 of 31
A.Baroody

Rule 1 of computer graphics is, never buy anything with an intel graphics chip 🙂

Stick with Nvidia. They're the only ones who know what they're really doing.
Message 4 of 31
Anonymous

A real shame that mudbox dosen't work with an intel chip. I was hoping to be able to do some texture painting on the new windows 8 tablets.
Message 5 of 31
A.Baroody
in reply to: Anonymous

intel just cant make good gpus.
Message 6 of 31

You're talking for the sake of hearing yourself.
Don't listen to him, AMD's graphic cards are better than nvidia's. Driver problems are now seldom and you get more performance for what you'd pay for a nvidia card and the latest nvidia series (4xx, 5x and 6x) are worthless for openGL performance. They want you to dish out big $ for their pro cards. Even in this segment AMD with their FirePRO are better than Quadros.
Message 7 of 31
A.Baroody
in reply to: A.Baroody

I'm just speaking from experience. You're free to make whatever choices you prefer.
Message 8 of 31

Same here.. MS's Surface Pro will make a splash I'm sure, and it sports a HD4000.
Message 9 of 31

Surface Pro should be a lot of fun, especially with photoshop and sketchbook pro.
Message 10 of 31
walker.troy.s

surface pro falls flat on its' face with the HD4000.. mudbox will not run on it at all... doesn't even try (maybe no opengl support?)
Message 11 of 31

Come on Autodesk. Mudbox is one of the main reasons I'd purchase one of those new Tablets. Pretty please with a cherry on top?

Incidentally, Zbrush probably works a treat.
Message 12 of 31
Bluecraney
in reply to: walker.troy.s

so if im in the same boat im sol

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

Message 13 of 31

nvadia makes the best gpus, no doubt about that..
Message 14 of 31
Bluecraney
in reply to: sergiokokou

Ernest craney iii

Bluecraney gameing
Bluecraney@gmail.com

Docucraft
Docucraftmcserver@gmail.com
Message 15 of 31

Mudbox 2014 Extension

Mudbox supports the third and fourth generation Intel® Core processors with integrated Intel® HD Graphics (2500, 4000, 4600, 5000, and so on). This support lets artists to use Mudbox on devices with Intel® HD Graphics, such as MacBook Air and Windows 8 tablet.

To make the Intel® HD Graphics available on Windows, before running Mudbox, update the graphics driver to the latest driver version 15.31.9.3165 (9.18.10.3165).

----------------------------------------------------------------
https://linktr.ee/cg_oglu
Message 16 of 31
sweitz
in reply to: jens.brandenburg

Just adding on to this last response: according to Autodesk's hardware wizard, Mudox 2014 will run on Intel HD P4000 and Intel HD P4600 (which are near-identical to the Intel HD 4000 and Intel HD 4600 - as far as I can tell, the "P" designation is generally used on Xeons - http://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/guides/performance-xeon-e3-1200-hd-graph...

Here's a confirmation of the P4000 completely qualified for Mudbox:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/syscert/card?siteID=123112&catID=18254205&id=18844534&product=9...

You might need to set the Environment Variable listed in that post to disable the graphic check to get it to run, though.

No word on the 3000, though... but the good news for anyone interested is that the Surface Pro uses an Intel HD 4000 - so Mudbox should work on that. In other words, nice scultping on the go, with either ZBrush or Mudbox ; )

I'll be trying it out with the Intel HD 4400 as soon as I get my Surface Pro 2 tablet... will respond if there are issues.

Message 17 of 31
msolly2
in reply to: Christoph_Schaedl

Forgive my ignorance but I updated my MS Surface Pro driver to 9.18.10.3165 as listed above for the Intel HD 4000 but Mudbox 2014 still gives me the message that it needs the ATI or NVIDIA graphics.

What other special trick did you use to get Mudbox 2014 working on the Surface Pro?

Thanks

-Mark

Message 18 of 31
sweitz
in reply to: jens.brandenburg

When I first posted about Mudbox working with Intel HD 4000, I didn't have a Surface Pro, yet - I was just going on what the qualification charts on Autodesk's site said. I got my Surface Pro 2 today, though, and installed Mudbox, so I can give a little better advice.

A regular installation, including SP1, does not run, as you said. However, after installing the Mudbox Extension (I am pretty sure you need to have a subscription to get the extension), it opened fine, without any errors... but, it crashes every time I try to load a model (all I've tried loading so far are the default models, like human head or a simple plane - which crash the program). I am going to try and figure that part out tomorrow, since I see no reason why it would open fine, without errors, then crash as soon as I try to do anything. There are plenty of references to Intel HD working with Mudbox 2014 in the notes for the Extension (and Intel HD is fully qualified), so it shouldn't crash like this. I am guessing there is a solution to this somewhere...

Anyway, to get it opening at least, if you don't have access to the extension , try adding in the environment variable listed on the link from my previous post. The variable is: MUDBOX2011_SKIP_GRAPHICS_CHECK

This disables the graphics card check and, in theory, will allow Mudbox to open without the Extension. Since the extension worked for me, I haven't tried the environment variable, though, so I am not sure if it works or not.

I will respond again once I find out how to get it to stop crashing...

Message 19 of 31
RICKRODRIGUEZ5808
in reply to: sweitz

I'm having the same issue with Mudbox 2014 Extension and the Surface Pro 1 and 2. The program will load, but it will hang the moment I try to load a mesh. The drivers installed with Windows 8.1 are the latest version available. Where do we report crash bugs to Autodesk?
Message 20 of 31

Help > Report a problem. Or http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?id=12331406&siteID=123112

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report