Community
Smoke Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Smoke Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Smoke topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reverb Timeline audio FX not present in exported Movie from Smoke for Mac 2013

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
kolsen
586 Views, 7 Replies

Reverb Timeline audio FX not present in exported Movie from Smoke for Mac 2013

What am I missing here? I apply reverb send to my two audio tracks, adjust the settings, and it plays perfectly. I export a quicktime h264 movie and... wait for it...  audio track exports with no reverb at all!

I've selected the audio tracks and hit render, gone into the timeline audio fx editor and hit render, but I seem to be missing something somewhere...

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
ManChicken
in reply to: kolsen

Do you maybe have "No Mixdown" selected in export settings under Audio Options?

Bob Maple | idolum
Message 3 of 8
kolsen
in reply to: ManChicken

Just checked. It's Mixdown to Stereo in Export preferences.

This is maddening. Now I'll have to export to Logic Pro X, apply reverb, export the audio and re-import it to Smoke and cut it in.

Momma told me not to smoke.

Message 4 of 8
frenetj

The reverb is always applied on the fly when you play or mixdown your clip (you can't render it in the timeline). To troubleshoot this issue, I would encourage you use the audio mixdown tool in the Tools tab and see if the resulting audio clip has some reverb or not. Jasmin
Message 5 of 8
kolsen

found a workaround:

didn't change any settings.

exported sequence audio as an aiff and reverb was applied to the exported sound file.

imported the aiff and replaced the original audio tracks with the reverb send fx.

wonder what's going wrong with reverb on the video export.

oh well. onward and smokeward.

Message 6 of 8
chismoke

Hmmm, just finished up a job where i also applied reverb to some of the tracks, mixed it down and it exported to Prorez HQ just fine.

Message 7 of 8
kolsen
in reply to: chismoke

interesting. how did you "mix it down"?

I exported to h264 and mp4 with no luck. I would hate to be blaming smoke for something that is operator error or a missing step or a problem inherent in a codec.

thanks.

Message 8 of 8
chismoke

I had 8 tracks of audio (or 4 stereo pairs if you prefer) with tracks 3 & 4 containing reverb then I added another two tracks of audio (stereo pair) for the eventual mix. I then went to the "tools" menu tab selected "audio mix down" then on the far right side of screen under audio mix down parameters I chose stereo & audio only then selected my sequence when prompted. Once it was mixed down I dropped that into open stereo pair of tracks I added...then hard commited the video track(s) and lifted that and the mixed down audio into the media panel for export... 

Hope that helps and/or makes sense.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report