Community
Smoke Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Smoke Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Smoke topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resize prior to CFX or other solution?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
arichards
573 Views, 3 Replies

Resize prior to CFX or other solution?

Hi,

I have footage shot raw with a 5D2 (courtesy of Magic Lantern) and then imported as OpenEXR that is 1728x972 placed on a 1920x1080 timeline but with the rezise happening after the CFX then all other introduced elements are also getting resized and thus compromised. Not the end of the world. Is there any other way, other than resizing prior to Smoke, to resize before being sent back to the timeline? You can size up in CFX but then it sized down on the CFX output, only to be resized back up after CFX. Seems a lot of resizing up and down!

Cheers

Tony

HP Z840, 80GB Ram, Quadro M6000x24GB
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: arichards

Will a timeline at the native resolution work? (No resize - just CFX or timeline FX).

Then once you have modified all of your footage you can pop this sequence into a 1080 timeline for output?

Message 3 of 4
BKM
Advisor
in reply to: arichards

I fyou add your CFX with "selection as flowgraph" your resize will get promoted into the CFX. So inside CFX you wil have your clip and a resize node after it. the CFX result should be 1080. You can then toss the resize and work with the full res if desired.

Flame/Smoke Editor
Check out the Premiumbeat Smoke Blog
http://www.premiumbeat.com/blog/category/smoke-2/
Message 4 of 4
arichards
in reply to: BKM

Perfect Brian! That is just another one of the many many reasons why you are you and I am me. A-Over_B's solution was certainly a posibibility, but some of the footage is of different resolutions and so would have been prey to the same issues. This is exactly what I was after and will teach me to think more seriously about the differences between taking clips into cfx.

Cheers

Tony

HP Z840, 80GB Ram, Quadro M6000x24GB

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report