Flame Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Flame Family (Flame, Flare, Flame Assist, Lustre) Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Flame topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replace Edit Differences

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
271 Views, 1 Reply

Replace Edit Differences

So way back in Smoke-land in 2013 I used to be able to use control J (or was it shift?) to replace the media on the timeline, keeping all the timeline effects in place and the same, particularly Timewarp would stay the same. This was great for swapping in comps from compositors.

I havn't gotten this to work correctly since moving to Flame 2014 with the Smoke key commands. They key commands claim to be the same behavior but don't seem to do the same thing. I've adapted by just duplicating the clip and dragging the timewarp from the old shot to the new one then replacing it in the timeline, annoying and slower but it worked.

Now with 2015 Ext 2 even that doesn't work. I have two clips the same duration on the timeline and either dragging the timewarp on top or even going into the effect editor and loading the saved timewarp gives me completely different results. So now I'm redoing the timewarp on every clip i have to replace.

Is this working correctly for anyone? Or even better does anyone know how to get Replace Media to work like it did in 2013?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
joelosis
in reply to: Anonymous

the timewarp soft effect and bfx has been revamped and revised drastically since 2013.

maybe this is contributing to ur woes

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report