Flame Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Flame Family (Flame, Flare, Flame Assist, Lustre) Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Flame topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Render every time when editing action, even without changes.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
vkshah
671 Views, 8 Replies

Render every time when editing action, even without changes.

I had this issue in Smoke 2013 and I am having the same issue in Flame Assist. My timeline clip has an action node attached. I am pulling a key and color correcting. Once I'm done with the work, I render. But if I go back into the action node just to check a setting, I have to re render. I haven't changed any settings, I just look at the settings for pixel spread for example.

Is this behavior normal?
VK
Online Editor & Colorist
Flame Assist on Mac 2017
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
fred.warren
in reply to: vkshah

Unfortunately, this behaviour is "normal". The simple gesture of selecting an Action node invalidates its render.

fred

Frédéric Warren
User Experience Designer
Message 3 of 9
Beau_James

workaround - dupe the sequence and check your settings there.  if all is good, delete the dupe and no need to rerender again.

Message 4 of 9
vkshah

Thanks, I'll have to be a bit more careful when checking settings in a complex action setup.
VK
Online Editor & Colorist
Flame Assist on Mac 2017
Message 5 of 9
Grant.Kay

Hi,

I don't think it has to be as complex as duping layers and sequences….

The software thinks you have changed something hence it unrenders.

When you exit BatchFX (or ConnectFX for Smoke) just press UNDO and the last render will return to the segment.

Regards
Grant

Grant Kay
Principal Learning Content Developer

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Official Autodesk Flame Learning Channel
http://www.youtube.com/flamehowtos

The Official Autodesk Smoke Learning Channel
http://www.youtube.com/smokehowtos

Also available as podcasts on iTunes

Follow me on twitter @discreetuk for the latest training updates.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 6 of 9
vkshah
in reply to: Grant.Kay

Hitting undo only reverses the last edit I did in the timeline, not any manipulation of the action node. The action node seems to not acknowledge the undo button in the timeline and I still need to re-render.
VK
Online Editor & Colorist
Flame Assist on Mac 2017
Message 7 of 9
ManChicken

So, the $64 question: Is this considered to be a problem?  IE, will it be fixed?

Bob Maple | idolum
Message 8 of 9
fred.warren
in reply to: ManChicken

It is indeed something that could be improved, but it is not possible for us to say if it will be fixed or not in the future.

fred

Frédéric Warren
User Experience Designer
Message 9 of 9
Beau_James
in reply to: Grant.Kay

Duping a timeline is pretty trivial.  Especially if it keeps you from having to rerender a ton each time.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report