Community
Mudbox Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Mudbox Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Mudbox topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Failed to load texture files"

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1920 Views, 4 Replies

"Failed to load texture files"

Hi everyone,

I`m new to Mudbox, just started using it for several days now. I have a problem with loading the paint layers on my object.

I created an object in another software and then imported it into Mudbox. Here I started painting the object, but when I close and re-open Mudbox I get the error: "Failed to load texture files both ... and ..." (my two paint layers). I had this same error two days ago on a similar object, when I moved only the ".mud" file to a different location, but then I realized I need to move also the ".bak" file and the folder containing the layers into that new location and the error was solved. This time, the .mud, .bak and the folder are all in the same location, they all have the same name but I still get the error. When I open Mudbox I just get my object as it was when I imported it, with no painting on it (even though the two paint layers appear in the "Layers" tab), and with the error mentioned above.

Please can anyone help me with this??

Regards,

Silviu
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Christoph_Schaedl
in reply to: Anonymous

have you renamed some of the folders or the layers in mud..?
they have to stay the same...

are your uvs clean and all in the 0-1 uv space..?

if the textures are in the folder you coudl reimport them...
klick onto the little > icon above the layer tab and do an import layer...

P.S.
the .bak file is only the backup file you dont need them...
its only .mud file renamed to .bak... if you like to open them just rename it back to .mud...
----------------------------------------------------------------
https://linktr.ee/cg_oglu
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

hmm, I changed one of the layer`s name during the painting. Now when I look in the folder, the two files in there (one is TIFF one PNG) have different names than my layers, I tried to rename them to match the layers I have but still the same error.

The UVs look ok I think, I am not sure what the 0-1 uv space is so I attached a capture of my UV view.

I tried to reimport them, the one which I did not rename is imported correctly, whereas the other one is not imported correctly (when I import it, it just displays the object with the base material).

So the error should be because I renamed that layer during the painting? If I stick to the name that I gave to the layer from the beginning, the layers should load correctly?

Message 4 of 5
Christoph_Schaedl

some of the uv shells are to close to the 0-1 space... specially the circle on the bottom right...
mudbox is able to read uvs outside the 0-1 space and is trying to load textures for those uvs...

solution is to scale your uvs down and make sure nothing is touching the border of the uv space...
----------------------------------------------------------------
https://linktr.ee/cg_oglu
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Christoph_Schaedl

Thank you very much !!
It works correctly now

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report