Community
Mudbox Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Mudbox Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Mudbox topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ptex paint patches update problem

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
605 Views, 1 Reply

ptex paint patches update problem

Hello,

if I´m using ptex and whant to polypaint my model I get sometimes the problem that the ptex patches doesn´t get updateted, they load to a certain stage but than they stop in this colored patches like in the picture below. That mostly happens if I go into the mouth details of my character, so it seems to be a problem that it doesn´t like to load both symmetry sides of the model at the same time for ptex painting it! If I´m working on the outside of my model just looking on one side the patches get regular updated, not always that even I would like, but they do after some movement of the preview and time.

Any idea to solve it, some performance settings?

Best Regards,

Josef

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Well, like so often, I think I got the solution right now after posting this question. If I get the updating problem it seems that I look partly trough the model with the camera, so the updating of the patches stops because ptex isn´t really synchronised with the view of the camera but with the camera position. So if I still can look through the model but the camera is already behind a layer of the model, petx stops loading because it estimates it as not important.

Best thanks anyway!

Josef Slotosch

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report