Community
Smoke Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Smoke Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Smoke topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project archive without media

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
ksirul
366 Views, 4 Replies

Project archive without media

How can I just archive my projects without media in Smoke subscription 2015?  It seems like when I make an archive, Smoke always wants to make a huge archive with media.  Can I just back up the project data?  I want to update my OS to 10.9.4 but want to back up my projects before I do this.  What is the best route?

KEN

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ManChicken
in reply to: ksirul

Well you can literally backup /usr/discreet/project and /usr/discreet/clip for a 'live' backup (I rsync this nightly to a server as an emergency backup measure) but to agnostically archive, you do need to archive from the app.. and there's a bit of a bug where even when Exclude caches/media is selected, there are cases where it doesn't.  You can purge renders and cached media you don't need in those projects first.

I noticed in the release notes for Flame 2015 Ext 2 this was possibly fixed, but I didn't look at Smoke 2015 Ext 1.

Bob Maple | idolum
Message 3 of 5
ksirul
in reply to: ManChicken

Where do I find these folder?

Message 4 of 5
ManChicken
in reply to: ksirul

in /usr/discreet - Finder doesn't expose /usr so you either have to 'Go to Folder' there or access it from a shell (Terminal.)

Bob Maple | idolum
Message 5 of 5
ManChicken
in reply to: ManChicken

Oh and you probably want /usr/discreet/sw too.

Bob Maple | idolum

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report