Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Press Pull to a Face and Look At

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
dan.banach
1742 Views, 6 Replies

Press Pull to a Face and Look At

Is it possible to use the Press Pull or Move command to change the height of selected faces so they stop at the height of another face? For example I want the two faces labeled (1) to extend so they are the same height as the face labeled (2).

Fusion To Face.png

Is there a Look At command like Inventor?

Also, is there an option to change the viewpoint when a sketch or sketch entity is created like Inventor's "Look at sketch plane on sketch create"?

Thanks,

Dan

Dan Banach
Sr. Technical Manager & Community Manager

If my post resolves your issue, please click the Accept Solution button.
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
schneik-adsk
in reply to: dan.banach

Select the two faces, and start to drag... Then mouse over the parallel face you want to snap to and click.

The look at command is on the nav toolbar, center bottom of screen ( not shortcut key yet).

And, no there is not a look at sketch on creation option. If you think there should be one, why not add it to the idea station and see if other agree?

Kevin Schneider
Message 3 of 7

It's a very handy solution, thanks! Smiley Happy

Is it working on a t-spline body too?

Maybe just a user error, but if i try to use the Press Pull command on a converted body, give me an error message:

Error: Permitted err*r for the approximate offset not achieved

Message 4 of 7
dan.banach

The Press Pull works great if the faces you are moving are the same height. When I Press Pulled two faces that were of a different height, they both extended the same distance and only one of the faces terminated on the selected plane. Let me know if I'm missing an option.

Dan Banach
Sr. Technical Manager & Community Manager

If my post resolves your issue, please click the Accept Solution button.
Message 5 of 7
mad.macs
in reply to: schneik-adsk

Egads. That's handy! it would be great if faces were snap points along the push pull, with a pop up indicating face intersection snap, or a way to toggle snap to face on.

Message 6 of 7
SaeedHamza

Hi,
Why don't you try extrude to object, although I'm not sure if it can be done for 2 faces of different heights

Kind regards, Saeed
Message 7 of 7
TrippyLighting
in reply to: SaeedHamza

That works, but only with one face at a time. The advantage is that it is parametric.

Push-pull works with several faces but offsets all faces by the same distance from the last face added to the selection to the termination face (as described earlier in this really old thread) . It is also not parametric.

Peter Doering

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report