Flame Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Flame Family (Flame, Flare, Flame Assist, Lustre) Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Flame topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Particles: Explode Geometry

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
418 Views, 1 Reply

Particles: Explode Geometry

Let me start out by saying i am new to particles all together, so I could be overlooking or miss-understanding something.

I am trying to explode a sphere into a few dozen different icons, I have the explode working how I want, but I can not seem to get it to generate different icons when it explodes. To my understanding, if you feed action a sequence of the different icons looped together, and have Indirect turned off, it should generate and hold the current image throughout the particles life. However, this does not seem to be the case. Also, when i try to use Indirect in a flowing particle set up, the particles do the same, changes images each from on all particles in the scene. Is this a bug, or am I missing something?

Any other suggestions on how to create a sphere of icons and have them explode?

Flame Premium 2015 extension 1.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Grant.Kay
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi

As far as I was aware, you cannot assign multiple geometries to a single particle generator at a single given frame.

Your best bet is to use multiple generators that are duplicated and the number is turned down.

Hope this helps!

Regards
Grant

Grant Kay
Principal Learning Content Developer

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Official Autodesk Flame Learning Channel
http://www.youtube.com/flamehowtos

The Official Autodesk Smoke Learning Channel
http://www.youtube.com/smokehowtos

Also available as podcasts on iTunes

Follow me on twitter @discreetuk for the latest training updates.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report