Community
Smoke Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Smoke Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Smoke topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

output unrendered to vtr

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
505 Views, 5 Replies

output unrendered to vtr

If i cache sources using burn manager, and then render timeline effects to output to vtr..... the sequence is exported with black holes, where the caching hasn't managed to finish in time. How is this allowed to happen?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Robert.Adam
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi. Does the clip look OK when you play it back?

Are there any error messages in the logs?

Thanks!

robert.

Robert Adam
Program Manager

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Robert, I believ that it's the burn manager in error, which leaves black where the uncached media sits on the tieline. But there must be flags to tell SMoke that cache is incomplete, and/or smoke to fix the cache error and then proceed to process any timeline FX before output to VTR. I was never able to output black within a render in previous versions, what has changed in this respect.

Message 4 of 6
Robert.Adam

Hi.

Nothing has changed. Smoke should use the uncached source frames to render the segments that burn hasn't managed to cache yet.

Do you see the "black holes" when you play back the clip?

Have you checked the logs?

Regards,

Robert.

Robert Adam
Program Manager

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Robert.Adam

Yes, I see the black holes on playback......the timeline is rendered. If i jump into the offending clip it will update to the real vision frames, instead of the previously rendered black. If I find anything I will post the log entry.
Thanks
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

What if you hard commit the layer above?
Back when I used videotape I always hard committed before dumping.

Mike

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report