Community
Smoke Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Smoke Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Smoke topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OFX plugin architecture

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
joelosis
1218 Views, 13 Replies

OFX plugin architecture

Hands up who finally wants OFX plugin architecture supported in smoke and flame, it can't be called a finishing tool if you can't recreate something done in ae
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: joelosis

+2 from me!
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Yup this is another issue with a lack of toolset in Smoke. Sparks seem to be going nowhere (nobody really has made any since Sapphire and very few others) so really OFX seems like the only solution. What in the h*ll are the protecting with the absence of such plugins. Smoke is a great 'one stop shop' (to echo another recent thread) but the shelves are beginning to look a little empty in comparison to some of those hypermarkets down the road....

Cheers

Tony

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous

I'd love to see OFX support.

I am curious -- what plugins specifically would you like to see running in Smoke?

w.

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous

Indeed, more specifically as an example, an OFX node inside Action for the 3D capable Trapcode Particular shuold really be a must IMHO.

Message 6 of 14
DavidCrites4631

I would also love to see this implemented.

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous

Optical Flares, Beauty Box, Real Smooth Motion Blur, Neat Video, Twixtor would all be nice, and definitely Particular.

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous

Twixtor and rsmb are both available as sparks but unlike the ofx versions don't take an additional matte input.

Why do we keep asking for OFX, its logged as a feature request and all this repetition does is make us all sad.
Mike
Message 9 of 14
joelosis

its my fault mike, i'm just running out of paitence for something that needs to be in there,  also just tired of seeing the pricing of sparks which are more than the system cost for the most part Smiley Frustrated

Message 10 of 14
Robert.Adam

Hi all.

I've logged this suggestoin into our database.

Thanks!

Robert.

Robert Adam
Program Manager

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous

as far as optical flares goes, brian posted this neat trick to bring your optical flares into smoke.  http://www.premiumbeat.com/blog/lens-flares-smoke-2013/

yes it is a lot of set up, but a great work around.

and mike, joel is just following the chart, 🙂

Covey'

trying to maintain the important and urgent category .  I for one agree that OFX will be critical.  

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous

Ofx is critical but I personally think we've asked and asked and said all that needs be said about it.

18 months in its all getting a bit old staying in the same circular discussions. But it's probably getting time for me to ask for the desktop tools back.

Mike

Message 13 of 14
BKM
Advisor

The actual Optical Flares for SMoke trick was from PVC blog in 2012.

It still applies to 2013 if anyone cares.

http://provideocoalition.com/autodesk/story/customizing_lens_flares_inside_smoke_part_ii/

Flame/Smoke Editor
Check out the Premiumbeat Smoke Blog
http://www.premiumbeat.com/blog/category/smoke-2/
Message 14 of 14
Anonymous

After Effects & OFX Plugins Support very very very urgent !!!!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report