Flame Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Flame Family (Flame, Flare, Flame Assist, Lustre) Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Flame topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nested column family

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
375 Views, 1 Reply

nested column family

Hi, 

I am trying to create a nested family solution for my company, for columns, spanning up through the building. We have had repeating issues with columns not lining up and being centred on pilecaps. column sizes change as we go up the floors so we cant use one column through all floors. 

I have created a column family with many types for diff. dimensions. 

Next, i want to nest these columns in a parent family with levels i can adjust so in my project i can insert 1 'master' column line, which will have several columns which i can change individual types, height and floor thickness, but they all stay centered over each other going up the building. 

My problem is linking the nested shared paramater 'height' to the parent family with the levels in it. there is no radio button in the type properties for the height parameter so I cant link 'height' in the child family to 'level height' in the parent family.  Any ideas? thanks

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
timb
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi

this is the media and entertainment discussions area.

Maybe http://knowledge.autodesk.com/community would work for you?

Best

Tim

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report