Community
Mudbox Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Mudbox Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Mudbox topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mudbox 2016

18 REPLIES 18
SOLVED
Message 1 of 19
FalconCrest
10985 Views, 18 Replies

Mudbox 2016

I look forward to hopefully what will be new in Mudbox 2016, I hope for the best.

18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19
pavlushk0
in reply to: FalconCrest

I saw a few posts in this forum with same questions and no reply. 

I hope it will be not a new "awesome" caliper tool, but unlikely it will be a dynamesh IMHO (very sad)

Message 3 of 19
FalconCrest
in reply to: pavlushk0

I hope that is not the vibe with Mudbox at Autodesk. It will be sooner then later we will find out the direction Mudbox is going, I really do hope they surprise us.
Message 4 of 19
pavlushk0

hope so

now it seen like autodesk don't care about box (at least about sculpt part, painting is good)

Message 5 of 19
FalconCrest

Painting could use some minor improvements, overall painting in Mud is as you say, good 🙂

There are a few things in Mudbox sculpting that needs improvement, that I hope come in 2016. If they were to add those improvements, Mudbox would be superior.
Message 6 of 19
pavlushk0

Find your tutorial about meshmixer) nice, it's first time i see this tool, very similar to sculptris

It must be merged whit mudbox (as you say:))

Message 7 of 19
FalconCrest

You found my mesh mixer tutorial ? 🙂 Thanks 🙂 Yes this and Python scripting, there is one more thing I'd like to see Mudbox have, I can't remember. Autodesk needs to bring me on their Mudbox team, talk with developers, then push Mudbox to the next level, and that level is not far away.
Message 8 of 19

I heard a rumor saying that mudbox is being integrated into maya 2016. IMO its cool and all, and opens up a lot of possiblilities. But I still would like a standalone version of it.

https://www.artstation.com/kelvintam
Message 9 of 19

This wouldn't surprise me; although a few questions remain if this happens.

Message 10 of 19
空士奇

新版本性能如何呢?

Message 11 of 19
FalconCrest
in reply to: 空士奇

No one knows it's not available !

Message 12 of 19
sergimen2001

I found that yesterday in the Autodesk Channel:

Perhaps, this contest your question. In my opinion, Mudbox was killed by Autodesk.

Message 13 of 19
FalconCrest
in reply to: sergimen2001

There are people on subscription with Mudbox, nothing can be said until, hopefully soon an annoucment is made as to the future of Mudbox. Will it continue for one more version, then be integrated into Maya(LT), will it continue for two more versions, before being integrated into Maya(LT) ?

Mudbox is not dead, like Softimage, it may just be integrated into Maya(LT), or maybe what your seeing in MayaLT is a lite version of Mudbox ?

Message 14 of 19
sergimen2001

In my opinion, and lookig the MAYA LT 2016 announcement, will not be an Mudbox 2016.

Because the new things that all us are awaiting in a possible Mudbox2016, already are in MAX and MAYA.

Autodesk have this own policy: If an software could be good enought,(like happened with Mudbox), or could be a competitor for their products, Autodesk buy it. After that, Autodesk abandon it like is happening with Mudbox 2015.

IN my opinion, will not be an Mudbox 2016.

Message 15 of 19
sergimen2001

The Other reason, in my opinion is the silence of the developers about the 2015 bugs, and the lack of an Service PAck2 for Mudbox 2015.

They are allowed to die Mudbox

Message 16 of 19
FalconCrest

If there isn't a Mudbox 2016 and people have paid for subscription, I assume, rather I hope, Autodesk will give some incentive to transfer your subscription.

We can only wait and see ! I still suspect there will be a Mudbox 2016 at the least, with some info that it will, not be dead as you say, rather integrated into Maya !
Message 17 of 19
sergimen2001

If they Integrate Mud in Maya, bad news for me.I used 3D Studio since 1998, and Mudbox since 2009. I will not learn Maya only for the reason that Autodesk like that.And people that actually use Mudbox and/or MAX should to pay another license for can use Mudbox,(with new and good add-ons, I hope) within MAYA?.hmmm!...I cannot avoid to think that all is finished with Mud.
Message 18 of 19

Most software now has some sort of sculpt module.. C4D,MODO,Blender etc. I would not jump to conclusions just yet on the release of Mudbox 2016. 

With other apps like Meshmixer etc in the loop Mudbox 2016 has a mass of potential, I hope for the best.

Message 19 of 19

need help idk why my computer has all it needs to power this program .  it download find but when i try to run mudbox i get this

(Mudbox does not run on early generations of Intel HD Graphics.

For the latest certified hardware for Mudbox, including graphics cards and drivers, please refer to Mudbox Certified Hardware) and this

(You can download a new driver from the Intel web site

For more information, click this link: Mudbox Certified Hardware) help me out please or i want my money back thank you i hope someone can help me fix this...

email is                      ruggedanthonyy@gmail.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report