Community
Mudbox Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Mudbox Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Mudbox topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mudbox 2015 Crashes when Multitouch on Toolbars

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
etgarcia
857 Views, 5 Replies

Mudbox 2015 Crashes when Multitouch on Toolbars

I have the weirdest problem. I just purchased a Lenovo LT1423p Pen Display with Wacom Digitizer, and it's an amazing device! I've been having soo much fun on it.

I have Mudbox 2015 (Student Version), and there's this annoying problem I'm facing that causes the software to crash. When I do a multitouch on any part of the GUI (Toolbars, brushes, menus, etc), the program crashes. Otherwise, it works flawlessly... I can rotate the camera, I can pinch to zoom, I can tilt with two fingers, etc. It also crashes when I close the program, but I never really give this much thought since I'm done with the software... but thought I'd mention it here.

There were two things I had to do to my LT1423p out of the box to get Mudbox working with this:

• Install newest Wacom Feel Driver [7.2.0-10]
  • Set the environment variable of MUDBOX_USE_LOWRES_TABLET_DATA to TRUE (or any value, I believe)

I have tried:

• Updating lenovo LT1423p drivers (improved performance, but problem remains)
  • Reinstalling Wacom Feel Drivers
  • Restarting the computer multiple times

I am also including some pictures and my sysinfo below. If anyone has any recommendation, i'd greatly appreciate it!

mudboxerror.jpgmudbox2.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
etgarcia
in reply to: etgarcia

I was able to use my tablet for about an hour without crashes. But I had to disable multitouch gestures altogether. Is there a way to disable/enable multitouch on certain areas of your screen? I really don't need (or want) multitouch on the toolbars. I'll see if there are any 3rd party solutions to this. In the meantime, I'm up and running... but disappointed with the lack of touch gestures.

DisableMulti-Touch-Gestures.jpg

I also tried downloading Mudbox 2014 (Student Version). It works nicely, but doesn't detect any multitouch events for my LT1423p, even if I wanted to try it.

Message 3 of 6
etgarcia

I tried the same software on an Aspire V5 with the exact same issue. But there were some additional findings. I think it's safe to say it's not my computer, but a bug somewhere between the Mudbox 2015 and the Wacom Feel drivers.

Computer Software:

• Windows 8.1
  • Autodesk Mudbox 2015 (Student Version)
  • LT1423P latest drivers (July 2014)
  • Wacom Feel Driver (7.2.0-10)

Findings:

I installed software in the order above. What I found out was after I installed latest driver for tablet, but before I installed the Wacom drivers, there was no problem! I opened up Mudbox, and I was able to pinch zoom, rotate, etc. (But no pen support, of course) However, right after I installed the Wacom Feel Driver, I start to get the problem mentioned above. It absolutely works, but easily crashed.

I reported the issue on Wacom's Forum as well:

http://forum.wacom.eu/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=19817

Message 4 of 6
MatthewDoyleArt

What kind of video card do your laptops use? Do they have dual graphics setups - with an nVidia card and integrated Intel HD graphics? I've seen more issues with this kind of setup on laptops than anything else. Could be something to do with how the laptop switches on the fly between integrated graphics and the nVidia card. Not sure if that issue is related to this one or not, but I'd be curious to know what your setup is.

Matthew Doyle
Technical Marketing Manager

-----------------------------

Area Blog: Game Dev Blog
Watch me on Youtube: Youtube.com/MatthewDoyleArt
Check out some of my work at: MatthewDoyle.com
Message 5 of 6
mixepix
in reply to: MatthewDoyleArt

I have the exact same thing on my Surface Pro 2. Please fix this.

Message 6 of 6
crisanlucian
in reply to: mixepix

Having the same issue on a Surface Pro and Surface Pro 2

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums