Community
Mudbox Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Mudbox Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Mudbox topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mudbox 2013 crashing on startup

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
yikuang
447 Views, 2 Replies

Mudbox 2013 crashing on startup

I have Mudbox 2013 student edition with SP2 installed. I'm having a problem with Mudbox crashing on startup. I'm aware of the issue in 2012 where you had to delete the settings folder to get Mudbox to start, but my issue seems a little different. To get Mudbox to start working, I have to delete the Mudbox folder in my documents folder first, then start Mudbox, which will crash on startup. After the crash, I have to then start Mudbox again, selecting a different folder to store working data in the Mudbox setup. Only then will it actually work and I have to do this everytime I want to use Mudbox. (Even if I select a different folder to store working data in the first time after deleting the Mudbox folder, it will still crash.) I have yet to be able to start Mudbox successfully even twice in a row and this is really starting to get annoying. Anybody have any suggestions?
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
themikester86
in reply to: yikuang

Im having the same problem. I get past the language/button settings, then it crashes on me :s
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: yikuang

Downloaded and installed Mudbox 2013 Educational version. It crashes at startup after the Language window. I searched everywhere for a solution and all I could find was to delete the Mudbox preference folder in the My Documents. This worked ONCE, but has not worked again since.
Solutions that suggest I get a new graphics card seem unreasonable since other programs work fine.
Nobody seems to know how to fix this. Very frustrating.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report