Flame Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Flame Family (Flame, Flare, Flame Assist, Lustre) Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Flame topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Movie export settings

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
HalloweenJack2
352 Views, 2 Replies

Movie export settings

Hi folks,

I'm looking for a good setting to export SD PAL for YouTube and also just for drafts to send clients.

Looking through the H264 profiles and they mention Baseline, HDTV, High and Main as options.

I wondered what these actually mean. 

Also what the Apple, Microsoft, Sony etc options do. 

I mean, should I avoid Apple in case the client has a Windows PC?

But in the YouTube example we're looking for 5 or 6Mbs which doesn't appear in Main.

We haven't seen these kind of options before. Usually you just select H264 and set the data rate on a slider.

Also wondering if there's a Deinterlace option somewhere...

For audio, I gues BE and LE are Big and Little Endian. 

Which should I go for?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Beau_James
in reply to: HalloweenJack2

Use WTC and select h264 main which I believe ffmpeg uses x264, go 2 ticks down from max quality and set your width resolution and take off 1:1/square pixels.  h264 will work fine on any machine made in the last few years, if not have them install quicktime or vlc.

We used this for all viewing copies for clients.  for HD 956x540 seems to be the sweet spot and as most people are viewing from ipads or macbook airs these days, 1920 is overkill.

Message 3 of 3
HalloweenJack2
in reply to: Beau_James

Hi there,

I'm happy with Wiretap settings, it was the setting straight out of Flame I was querying.

I always use Wiretap for odd draft QTs but this was bulk stuff. 

I just want to export the 15 or so files in one go straight to destination folder and then let the assistants know they're there.

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report