Community
Smoke Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Smoke Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Smoke topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost DVI Output

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
180 Views, 5 Replies

Lost DVI Output

I was doing some maintenance on my system, and had to go through the zap PRAM procedure, as well as reboot in safe mode. After I did that, I noticed I no longer had DVI Output in Smoke. I have since restarted the system many times and have not been able to switch broadcast output to DVI. The option in preferences is greyed out.

If this sounds like an odd issue, it's because I am using a Blackmagic video card. I would love to be using AJA Kona, but DaVinci Resolve doesn't support it. DVI out is the only way I can go for now.

Any thoughts on how I might get DVI Output back?

System config -
2 x 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon
ATI Radeon HD 5770
NVIDIA Quadro 4000
OS X Lion 10.7.2

Any help is appreciated,

Nick
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
paul.andrews
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Nick,

Hard to say what is going on but I too have seen odd issues on systems that are running Lion 10.7.2 and with unsupported hardware.

As you note, the black magic card is not supported and neither is 10.7.2. Could it be a driver or OS conflict that arose after zapping PRAM?

How are you feeding the broadcast display? From the second Display Port of the nVidia card?
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: paul.andrews

Thanks for writing. Odd issue indeed. Sounds about right, running unsupported OS. Just wondered if anyone had seen this specific issue.

Broadcast Monitor is fed via DVI out of the NVIDIA. It had been working fine until the PRAM was zapped.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

DVI Output is back. I have no clue what I'm doing differently, but glad it's working now.
Message 5 of 6
paul.andrews

Strange indeed.

Thanks for the update Nick.
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: paul.andrews

As I look a bit further, I'm ashamed to admit this was my fault. I had been working in a 24fps (not 2398) configuration. So no output to the broadcast monitor, unless it's 23.98, correct? Sorry for the confusion. This is kind of related to another question I posed here regarding missing configuration templates.

I originally created this problem because I didn't have a 2398 option in the config template. I recently checked the template file, and all the necessary templates are there. My guess is that because I'm running the system without sync or recommended video card, the configuration choices are limited. Is that right?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report