Flame Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Flame Family (Flame, Flare, Flame Assist, Lustre) Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Flame topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Language in Flame Premium

28 REPLIES 28
Message 1 of 29
Anonymous
886 Views, 28 Replies

Language in Flame Premium

Flame Premium 2012

In text effect i Cant write other language as Russian and other.. only work with English.
Whe I change Keyboard layout , i can't add a word.
How i can configure linux for other language..
28 REPLIES 28
Message 2 of 29
Robert.Adam
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi
We have investigated this and you should be able to use Cyrillic ttf characters by following this procedure each time you run Flame:

1. Open a terminal.

2. Copy the Cyrillic true type font files (.ttf) you plan to use into the /usr/discreet/fonts directory.

3. Type the following command:
setenv LANG ru_RU.utf-8

4. In the same terminal go to the Flame bin directory:
cd /usr/discreet/flame_<version>/bin

5. Type the following command to start Flame:
./startApplication

6. In the application’s text module, select "true type fonts" and load the desired .ttf file.
Press CTRL+Space to switch the text input to Cyrillic.

Please let me know if this helped.

Regards,
Robert.

Robert Adam
Program Manager

Message 3 of 29
snopkovgv
in reply to: Robert.Adam

tried in rhel4 smoke advanced - not working
Message 4 of 29
Robert.Adam

Hi.
Where did the issue occur? Did you get an error message in one of the Terminal steps, or everything seemed to work well but the text didn't work in Smoke?

Thanks
Robert.

Robert Adam
Program Manager

Message 5 of 29
snopkovgv

Hello, Robert!
It is not problem to use russian fonts, use russian text, but it is impossible to typing on Russian language inside Smoke application.
For example, if I import XML with subtitles, I just need to reassign russian font and I can see and work with russian text. But I can't edit letters, add new text in russian. Virtual keyboard don't show russian letters too.

At the same time, I can typing in russian language in rhel without troubles.
Message 6 of 29
snopkovgv

The same situation on smac)))
Message 7 of 29
snopkovgv

And sorry that I didn't answer on your question((((( I don't get any error messages in terminal
Message 8 of 29
snopkovgv

Ok!!! It is working now.

start->control center->keyboard layout-> add russian as second language.

ctrl+alt+backspace \ restart X

now working.

I think it is just additional step in your instruction. I don't know why ctrl+space don't working(((

At this moment I'm switching manually from rhel gui, don't want use ctrl+space for switching 'cause this combination reserved by smoke for zoom by default and maybe this is a reason why it is not working as in your instruction
Message 9 of 29
Robert.Adam

Thank you so much for helping us improve the instructions!
I'll edit the document.

regards,
Robert.

Robert Adam
Program Manager

Message 10 of 29
snopkovgv

I did new comment additionally in previous message 🙂
Message 11 of 29
snopkovgv

I'll check all steps again when will install new version, 'cause all this settings will working only for user of current version as I remember.
Message 12 of 29
Robert.Adam

BTW, I just tried this on Flame Premium Ext2 SP2 on RHEL 6 and it's much simpler: I simply added the ttf file to the /usr/discreet/font folder and selected it in Flame's text module and I was able to type it.

Are you using an older OS version and /or software version?

regards,
Robert.

Robert Adam
Program Manager

Message 13 of 29
snopkovgv

at this moment I use rhel4 )))) And Yes, install font - working just by copy to correct folder and this fonts able for text module. You tried typing in Russian? Trouble was only with typing in Russian language. Virtual keyboard show wrong symbols in this case.
Message 14 of 29
snopkovgv

Also, I'll check typing in smac today later, early I had the same troubles.
Message 15 of 29
Robert.Adam

Hi.

I just tested this on Mac, RHEL5 and RHEL4 and this is what I found:

On Mac and RHEL 5, it works the same as on RHEL6: simply copy the ttf to /usr/discreet/font or to the OS's fonts folder and then you can load that font in the text module and type text in Cyrillic.

On RHEL4, you need to copy the font, then use the setenv LANG ru_RU.utf-8 command in the Terminal and start Smoke or Flame from the Terminal. Then you can select the ttf font and type Cyrillic in the text module.

In all cases I found that the OS language should remain set to US-english, otherwise no text appears when you type. Also, you can use Cyrillic font in the text module only, not in Smoke's UI (e.g. in name fields or in the virtual keyboard).

Hope this clears things up.

regards,
Robert.

Robert Adam
Program Manager

Message 16 of 29
snopkovgv

Typing on Cyrillic not working in smoke adv on rhel4 without adding additional language in settings of rhel. But I will try again on different system again. We had the same trouble several years ago and we with boneheadz tried a lot of ways, but as I remember know, we added russian lang to make it work.
I'm always running smoke from terminal with 'smoke' or with 'smoke -Z' (when I don't have time for vic), I should use setenv LANG ru_RU.utf-8 every time when I need typing on cyrillic?
Message 17 of 29
Robert.Adam

I tried Flame Premium 2013 and 2013 ext2. I haven't tried any older. What version of Smoke did you try?

Yes, you must issue the setenv command every time you start the app. here's how:

1. Open a shell.

2. Type:
setenv LANG ru_RU.utf-8

3. In the same terminal go to the application bin directory:
cd /usr/discreet/flamepremium_<version>/bin

4. Type the following command to start the application:
./startApplication

Regards,
Robert.

Robert Adam
Program Manager

Message 18 of 29
snopkovgv

smoke adv 2012ext1sp1. On next week will do upgrade to 2013sp4 (we just awaiting for cxfs upgrade to make possible switch our lustres from incinerators to z820)
Message 19 of 29
Robert.Adam

This is strange. I've just tested on Smoke 2012ext1 SP1 and RHEL 4.3 and it worked without having to set the KDE language to Russian.
Let me know if upgrading to 2013 fixes the issue.

Regards,
Robert.

Robert Adam
Program Manager

Message 20 of 29
snopkovgv

Tested again. Removed russian layout, repeated instruction, no changes. I can see cyrillic symbols, can use typed text in russian, but can't type in russian still((( Will see with new version) Thank you Robert, your assist really important for us) I don't use typing in russian often, but sometimes, on online session with director it is just uncomfortable to explain that I'll type it in transcription and will do the same in russian closer to next session)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report