Community
Smoke Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Smoke Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Smoke topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

keyframes in Text edit

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
346 Views, 7 Replies

keyframes in Text edit

I've always found that when creating text in text edit, there are always keyframes created regardless of whether I have Autokey on or off.  I never add keyframes, but when I go back later to edit position  of text, there is always 1 or 2 keyframes added that I need to delete before changing text position.  Is this normal?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

No I don't think it is. At least it wasn't on 2013. This showed up in 2015 and it's an annoying liitle bug. Before I leave the text editor page I always go to the animation editor, select in the curve editor then click keep. That will keep your type set up at that frame when you exit the text editor.

Rich

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

But when you go back in to edit text, there is always , magically, new keyframes that you didn't set.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

Sorry, I forgot a step hit the del key first, that will delete all the keyframes in the scene then hit keep. I wish this bug would get fixed. I've reported to support - but nothing yet. So for now this is my workaround.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

Ah, so Keep, will prevent new keyframes from automatically being inserted?  Annoying but good workaround.  Thanks.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

The procedure mentioned will keep one KF.  As to it preventing any KF's from showing up when you re-enter text...you'll need to report back and let us know how that worked!

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

Correct. If I go back into text and modify something then it will add another "ghost" keyframe and I would do the keep keyframe procedure again before exiting.

Sent using OWA for iPhone

Please consider the environment before printing this email.
Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

So you still have to hit KEEP everytime?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report